jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

New hub have high score, but not featured-quality symbol

1. Kristen Howe profile image81
    Kristen Howeposted 23 months ago

My recently published hub on book reviewing for Netgalley had received a score of 76, but it had gotten the not featured-quality symbol. I don't know why this happened. I haven't gotten the NFQ symbol in a long time, when my other hubs are featured and are from original content.  Any ideas why?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

It is related to the QAP assessment as it applies to unrelated and spammy elements. You can find more information here.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#Spammy-Elements

2. Kristen Howe profile image81

Matthew, how is it spammy, when it deals with doing free book reviews for those websites?

I would suggest reading over the link I provided above and then look at the links and products in your Hub. If you have any further questions, please email us at team@hubpages.com

3. Kristen Howe profile image81

I did Matthew. All I have is a Kindle from ebay and Amazon for  my products. Two capsule hubs. Or should they be more? I have a link to my website, to First to Read and to Netgalley. Not too many, though I've removed the link to my blog.

1. LillyGrillzit profile image81
      LillyGrillzitposted 23 months ago in reply to this

If you used the word download in your Hub, they kick it for spam...

4. Kristen Howe profile image81

Okay. How else would you phrase it then, when you need to download an ebook to review?  You could be right.

I think @LillyGrillzit is thinking about a content warning that is related to "free downloads" but that is not the issue with this Hub.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2725440

@Kristen, if you have any further questions about this Hub, please email us at team@hubpages.com

5. Kristen Howe profile image81

I sent an email back to you Matthew, since I'm a bit lost on the spammy elements.

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 23 months ago in reply to this

If you're promoting your own products that's a no-no!

6. Kristen Howe profile image81

I see. Though the hub's now fixed, I guess promoting my own book blog is considered spammy.

working