jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Forum navigation

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image51
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

In the new style pages, is there no way now to see our own forum posts easily?

The old one had a plce to click to view own posts - to track conversations, can't see how to do that in the new forums but may be being a bit dense.

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Under Julie-Ann Amos where it (currently) says 268 posts, if you click on that it'll show all your own posts in (reverse) chronological order.

Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!

3. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 8 years ago

yeah,  but it no longer shows whether the thread you posted in has had a new post since the time that one posted.

I know I used to check the old option to see if there were any new responses in a thread I was following.

Now it seems like most will just slip by as i certainly am not going to click each one of my posts to see if anything new has been said.

HUbs should pay for a vbulletin license and have a system with some functionality..this new forum is all style no substance, a style upgrade is wonderful site wide, but i dont see any increased functionality in the forum...if it aint broke dont fix it

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I too not too happy with some missing parts of new forums functionality. Specifically two things that were here before and disappeared with the new release:

1. Multi-page threads navigation on the top of the page, not only on the bottom;

2. Ability to navigate latest posts beyond the first page of the most recent ones.

BTW Having the list of latest posts on the forum front page is great improvement that I am very happy with. smile

Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Misha - I thought it was a case of pre-op "Bah Humbug" from me for a minute there!

2. MotherHubber profile image61
      MotherHubberposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Misha, I am still pretty new and learning my way around HUbPages and the Forums, and I agree with what you said.  The loss of those two things makes it more difficult to navigate the forums, and I don't know if I'll take the time to participate as much now.

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Well, I did not see any reply from the team on this, so god knows what they think about it.

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I'd really love a way to be able to only view the topics I'm interested in and ditch the rest.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

We are working toward something along these lines, but it would have been too much to put into the latest release.

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Paul, and what about my complaint/suggestion? Sorry, I feel sort of ignored sad

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

#2 will be done soon, still thinking about #1.  "My posts" will be added back soon as well.

8. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Thanks Paul smile

9. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Wow! That was fast! #2 is done already, as well as own and unanswered posts. Great job guys, thank you! smile

10. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

You've done it! The navigation now looks OK and thank you HP Team. I can now see my posts which you refer as "Your".

working