jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does HP send a 1099?

1. WhatIKnowAbout profile image60
    WhatIKnowAboutposted 18 months ago

Brand spankin new to HP. Haven't published a thing. Just managed to sign up for Paypal.

1) I'd be most grateful if any of you could offer some tips.

2) It seems to be a mystery how you get paid. Weekly? Monthly? Bi-yearly (and that one is a joke - I hope). Do you get a 1099? Do you only get a tax form if you make a certain amount?

3) I don't get the ebay and Amazon links. I understand Adsense but don't get the other stuff.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 18 months ago

I recommend the FAQ and the Learning Center as good places to get answers.

The FAQ has a chunk on payments that will take care of all those questions.  The short answer is, until you have published content, you have no chances of earning.  You need viable content first.

3. WhatIKnowAbout profile image60
    WhatIKnowAboutposted 18 months ago

Before I publish anything and spend time I need to know how the payment system works. Seems to say a lot about the different ad programs but I can't find anything about how often you get paid, and at what dollar amount and what type of tax form you'll receive at the end of the year. I'm assuming at 1099 - but I don't like to assume.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 18 months ago

As I said, there is a whole section in the FAQ that explains payments.  It even has a very lovely diagram which shows how it all works.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 18 months ago

As Relache said, you can get most of your answers in the Learning Center. Some writers here prefer HP's ad program and some just use Adsense.  You can also use Amazon and eBay. 

We are independent writers, so keep your own records. If you are paid through PayPal or another source (directly from Adsense), you can print out a payment history annually and use that for tax information.