jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Need Suggestions for Republishing a Hub

1. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 18 months ago

I think this one needs a total rewrite, but I'm not sure where to start.

I will put this into publish mode for 7 days in the hopes of getting some feedback. It's older, but I think it has potential. I seem to be experiencing writer's blahs (not blocks).

Note: I may have to delete the hub entirely to give it a new twist, more in slant with the title.

Thanking you in advance for any feedback!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

I took a look and here are my opinions:

The title does not match the content
      The poems and images are good
      The text is far too short

I did not see where you showed that talking to plants helps them to live.

Exactly what do you say and when do you say it?
      What is the plant like before you talk to it, and after?  How long does improvement take?
      Do you help it along with plant growth products?

Just writing poems that indicate what you are saying to plants is not enough, and it seems highly doubtful that anybody would stand in front of a plant and spout poetry to it, but maybe you do?

Just showing you how other people might look at this hub.

I would forget the poetry and write straight, informative text instead.

1. Marie Flint profile image91
        Marie Flintposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Time Traveler, yes, I am thinking more along the lines you have suggested. I appreciate the feedback.

1. LongTimeMother profile image95
          LongTimeMotherposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Hi Marie. I agree with TT2.
          Great title ... so keep that! smile
          And keep the photos too. They look really good.

2. Engelta profile image84
      Engeltaposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I personally don't like the title, I would have not read your article if you had not shared it here. But I liked the content and photos. I think you can drive more traffic if you alter the title.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 18 months ago in reply to this

If you want this to be just a Hub of poems, then you should change the category of this Hub to "Poetry" - it's certainly not about gardening techniques.

If you want it to be about the gardening technique of talking to plants, then your Hub needs to start with helpful information on that topic.

2. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 18 months ago

Hi Marie, I checked out the hub. I love the photos and the poetry is good. I would not delete the poems but I would add a text capsule explaining that you recite poetry to the plants to encourage their growth, when you do this, how often. Maybe you also play music to them, what you feed them etc...just add some extra informative text. You know me, always encouraging poetry.

3. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 18 months ago

I think you simply need to make it either a poetry hub or do a rewrite about how to talk with your flowers and how it benefits them.  It isn't clear what the gardening technique is when I first land on the hub.  It goes straight into a poem.  If you want to go with using it as a technique, I would use those first paragraphs to describe the technique and benefits.  Then you can add the poems as an example of how you talk with your plants.  I would skip the video unless it directly relates to your content.
    They're nice garden poems and if you want search traffic, you need to think about your keywords and what will rank best.  Make your title clear and descriptive.
    Let us know what you end up doing. smile

4. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 18 months ago

I wish to thank everyone for responding to my forum post.

The hub started out as just poetry, but the traffic was low so I eventually changed the title with the idea of revising the hub, but then my efforts became delayed and delayed some more.

Feedback has encouraged me to get back to writing, which has been delayed due to technical issues with my personal computer.

Take care, and God bless!