jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

"New" comment in spam folder says it was posted 12months ago.

1. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 18 months ago

Every now and again I will check the spam folder for comments as some comments do get flagged as spam and end up there even though they are not spam. Usually at least once or twice each month.

Today I checked and there are a few messages there that are between 7 and 12 months old according to the message - yet they were not in the spam folder last time I checked and I would have allowed them to be published and answered them if I had seen them....

Is the "12 months ago" generated by HP correct or have these messages been hidden somewhere for the last year - or did I suddenly become blind and senile?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 18 months ago in reply to this

You are referring to SPAM comments here?
      http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/comments?co … ilter=Spam

I have not heard of instances where these dates are wrong, but we do occasionally see incorrect dates listed when something occurred with the date field (blank dates sometimes show as 1969 for example).

If you would like us to look at this further, please email team@hubpages.com and include the Hub title and/or URL as well as the specific comment.

2. paradigm search profile image81
      paradigm searchposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I knew we had something in common... big_smile

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 18 months ago

Long-lost messages mysteriously turn up from time to time.  Others have reported this, and I had this happen in my account a couple of times over the last five years or so.