jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

The Richard J. Margolis Award: Accepting Free Applications

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago

Hi there, friends! Over the course of my work today, I came across the website for the Richard J. Margolis Award, which is currently accepting applications from writers "whose work combines warmth,  humor, wisdom and concern with social justice." I think these characteristics apply to many Hubbers, so I wanted to pass this opportunity along to you. Application is free and the prize is $5,000 plus a month's stay at the Blue Mountain Center community for writers.

Best of luck to Hubbers any who decide to submit an application!

1. LillyGrillzit profile image81
      LillyGrillzitposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Deadline to apply was Feb 1, 2015. I will bookmark this for next year though. Thank you.

1. paradigm search profile image61
        paradigm searchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Actually, it's "Deadline: July 1, 2015. The award winner will be announced in November."

The page I landed on said differently?

I followed the "Blue Mountain Center link." It States 2015 Residency and ways to apply for residency and rules with a 2015 Feb 1 Deadline. The RJMargolis Award does state Nov 2015. I guess that will be for 2016. Thank you for clarifying.

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing this Christy, I am not eligible because I live outside the USA, but I know many hubbers whose work more than meets the guidelines and I am sure would be interested in entering.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ah, sorry to hear that, I should have mentioned it in my post! I agree that there are so many on this site who are extremely worthy!

working