jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

The Richard J. Margolis Award: Accepting Free Applications

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 23 months ago

Hi there, friends! Over the course of my work today, I came across the website for the Richard J. Margolis Award, which is currently accepting applications from writers "whose work combines warmth,  humor, wisdom and concern with social justice." I think these characteristics apply to many Hubbers, so I wanted to pass this opportunity along to you. Application is free and the prize is $5,000 plus a month's stay at the Blue Mountain Center community for writers.

Best of luck to Hubbers any who decide to submit an application!

1. LillyGrillzit profile image81
      LillyGrillzitposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Deadline to apply was Feb 1, 2015. I will bookmark this for next year though. Thank you.

1. paradigm search profile image80
        paradigm searchposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Actually, it's "Deadline: July 1, 2015. The award winner will be announced in November."

The page I landed on said differently?

I followed the "Blue Mountain Center link." It States 2015 Residency and ways to apply for residency and rules with a 2015 Feb 1 Deadline. The RJMargolis Award does state Nov 2015. I guess that will be for 2016. Thank you for clarifying.

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 23 months ago

Thank you for sharing this Christy, I am not eligible because I live outside the USA, but I know many hubbers whose work more than meets the guidelines and I am sure would be interested in entering.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Ah, sorry to hear that, I should have mentioned it in my post! I agree that there are so many on this site who are extremely worthy!

working