jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Who else thinks we need better share buttons?

1. Be Like Water profile image88
    Be Like Waterposted 23 months ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12360891_f520.jpg
    I think the share buttons for hubs are poorly placed. I think they should either be at the beginning or immediately at the end of the article. The share buttons we have now do not appear until you scroll down in the end of a hub. Even the design is too, well, dull and invisible.
    I think they should be placed at the end so when anyone reads a hub and likes it is given a visual reminder to share it. And may be if stats were visible people would be more tempted to share.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I'm pleased to say that we agree, and we're in the process of completing some design changes to the look of Hubs that will make the social share buttons much more prominent. Keep an eye out for an announcement within the next couple weeks. smile

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Nice one!

2. Be Like Water profile image88
        Be Like Waterposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying.

One more thing. Have you considered changing the font for hubs? May be something like Times, and bigger size. What we currently have is fine, but I think Times or Gerogia is much better and more readable than Ariel.
        This image is sans-serif at 0.9em, and line height 1.6em. It looks much better. Please think about it! smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12361343_f248.jpg

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 23 months ago in reply to this

We don't currently have any planned changes for the font, but it has been considered in the past, so it's always a possibility for some point in the future.

1. Be Like Water profile image88
            Be Like Waterposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Just bring it up in the next meeting, please. I love Hubpages. You guys have done a great job at everything else. It's just the font that bugs me.

3. ChristinS profile image92
        ChristinSposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thank you - I know I have brought this up previously as well.  My hubs get shared like crazy and I think it would be even better if there were better placement for the share buttons.  I am anxiously awaiting this change!

4. hawaiihawaii profile image79
        hawaiihawaiiposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hooray more share buttons-I'll be looking forward to it and thanks!

2. janderson99 profile image84
    janderson99posted 23 months ago

Long Time Coming

3. davidlivermore profile image94
    davidlivermoreposted 23 months ago

Honestly I think a lot of changes need to be made.  But more bells and whistles keep being added instead of improving what is already there.

working