jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Which Adsense settings are optimal - low, medium or high?

1. Silver Rose profile image76
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

My problem is that I have some long hubs and Hubpages does not seem to post ads in the sidebar. Therefore, if i set the ads at medium setting, people only see them when they first start to read, but they go out of sight as they scroll down.

However, if I set things to "high" there seem to be too many ads crammed in at the top, and it looks wrong. Any advice?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Have you split your text over several text capsules?   That will allow ads to appear between paragraphs as well. 

Also, I recently learned not to put a photo at the top of the Hub, whether on its own or floated to the right. Instead, give your first paragraph its own text box and make it long enough that an ad will appear next to it.

Most people set their ads on high.

1. rmshdc profile image60
        rmshdcposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are right MARISA WRIGHT.  Avoid Photo in the top of the hub, keep the text flow to allow adsense ads to appear.  Further, as suggest, more text capsules in top of the hubpages.

2. Silver Rose profile image76
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I have split the text into capsules. But I think my problem is that my hubs are just too long. Sigh. Will know better next time.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think that should matter.  It's generally recommended to keep your Hubs under 1,500 words but that's still quite a lot of text.

Actually, after reading your post I was checking some of my own Hubs and it seemed like a lot of ads had disappeared, especially the ones that usually appear in the top right hand corner.  I must try looking again when I'm logged out, in case that makes a difference. 

You could always email the team at HubPages and ask them to take a look at your Hubs in case there's a bug somewhere.

2. LondonGirl profile image90
      LondonGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They don't seem long to me - mind you, I'm struggling to keep mine under 4,000 words at the moment (-:

working