jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Use of iPhone for HubPages

1. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 2 years ago

I received a new iPhone just yesterday and logged into HP.  I tried to vote, but that would not work.  I was able to comment on the Hub OK, but could not vote.  Am I doing something wrong?  BTW:  The Hub looked very good.
    I've been previewing my Hubs on "mobile" to see how they look.  I'm pleased.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Mary,

It sounds like this might actually be a bug. I believe you should still be able to vote in Polls with mobile devices, including iPhones, (and I can confirm that voting on Polls in Hubs works fine on an Android device). I'll let you know when I have more details.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image

Mary,

We've tested this and Polls are working just fine with the iPhone on our end. Could you let me know what Hub and Poll this is happening on for you?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

No, nothing wrong.

You just don't get to vote for Hubs on mobile.

mary615posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  That's too bad, don't you think??

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
        Jean Bakulaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't have an I phone, but I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 smartphone. When I check emails from HP, and it tells me I have a comment on a hub, I can't read it on the hub. Is that not an option?

mary615posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I can see my comments when checking my email OK.  My fear is that I will click on ads on Hubs by mistake using this phone.  I think I will stick to my laptop to go to HP.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image

Hi relache,

Polls should be working just fine from any type of device. Could you give us more details about what happens when you try to vote on a Poll on mobile?

working