jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

FIXED: Profile In the Spotlights Changes not recorded

1. watergeek profile image94
    watergeekposted 20 months ago

I often change the hubs spotlighted on my profile. This time they wouldn't change. I don't know why. When I choose new hubs and save the changes I'm directed back to the top of the page, but no change is indicated. When I go to my profile to check, no changes have been made.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Sorry you are having problems updating the selection of Hubs displayed in the Spotlight section of your profile.
      I was able to reproduce the issue and have shared it with our engineering team. I will post an update when I have more information. Thanks for your continued patience.

1. Venkatachari M profile image86
        Venkatachari Mposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I hope the changes are allowed only once in 3 months or so.

1. Kylyssa profile image93
          Kylyssaposted 20 months ago in reply to this

It isn't just the spotlighted hubs that cannot be changed, it is also not possible to edit the text of one's bio or to add links.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image76
        Jackie Lynnleyposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Yes; happening to me too; exactly.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78

I just wanted to give an update. There appear to be issues affecting the ability to update profile for a subset of authors.
        There is no current workaround, but I have passed on these additional reports and details to our engineering team so they can determine and resolve any issues.
        Thanks for your continued patience and I hope you have a nice weekend.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image78

I just confirmed that the profile now is recording change tot he "In the Spotlight" and bio sections of the profile.

Thanks for your patience.
        As always, make sure to clear your browser cache and restart your computer if you have any problems.

2. Snakesmum profile image89
      Snakesmumposted 20 months ago

Just saw your post, so went and checked on this problem by changing my spotlighted hubs.   No problems for me, so maybe you need to talk with the  HP team?

3. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 20 months ago

I am also having issues landing on my profile page. If I click on "profile' it directs me to the Hub's feed page repeatedly. Occasionally, it makes it to the profile, but I have to try a lot. Also,my latest article isn't showing up in my profile and it's been 2 days and it usually shows up there within a few hours.

1. alexadry profile image92
        alexadryposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Profile landing page is working fine now for me. Thought to update.

1. watergeek profile image94
          watergeekposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Update: Still can't change my spotlight hubs. Checked last night.

4. Kylyssa profile image93
      Kylyssaposted 20 months ago

I was able to edit my profile, including my bio, link section, and the featured hub rotation. It did require a clearing of my browser cache and a restart of my computer.

The bug is fixed and I was able to get that "Squidoo" word out of my bio!

Thank you!

working