How do you make $50000 a month on hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (74 posts)
  1. jaysonjaymes profile image56
    jaysonjaymesposted 8 years ago

I want to make $50000 a month on hubpages, how do I do this.

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good question. Can't wait to hear the answers.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You don't.

3. Rangoon House profile image88
      Rangoon Houseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow! You're going to be busy JaysonJaymes.

4. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Better get writing.  You'll be at it awhile...

Welcome to HubPages big_smile

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ya ? Well, good luck with that.

6. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Send me $1,000 and I'll tell you the secret. cool

7. csmiravite-blogs profile image76
      csmiravite-blogsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wake up kid!  You're having a nightmare!  big_smile

1. Be Like Water profile image70
        Be Like Waterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There should be a like option on the comments. smile

8. Pollyanna Jones profile image94
      Pollyanna Jonesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you find out how, write a Hub on it. It'll go viral and you'll be rolling in cash! smile

9. Simon Muteti profile image60
      Simon Mutetiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You can be a great comedian Jason. Maybe that way you can make $50000.
      Oh, and I think you entered the last two zeros by mistake.

2. paradigm search profile image54
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Buy the company.

lol

2. C.V.Rajan profile image58
      C.V.Rajanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

3. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!
    (gasp...snort...wheeze)... where was I? Oh yeah.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

4. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 8 years ago

I knew I'd enjoy hearing the answers.

5. Muttface profile image80
    Muttfaceposted 8 years ago

$50,000 is aiming low.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

First you earn $100. Double it the next month. Double that amount the following month, and keep going at that pace for about ten months.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I did that for several months - doubling the income each month.  I had to start at 2 cents rather than $100, though. sad

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That works too-- just takes a little longer. Once you hit $100, you are on your way. smile

7. clivewilliams profile image74
    clivewilliamsposted 8 years ago

Step 1.
    Step 2.
    Step 3.
    Step 4.
    Step 5

And that's how its done.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 8 years ago

I want to win the lottery!!

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 8 years ago

I want to win the Pulitzer.

10. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 8 years ago

What in the world would you want with $50,000 a month? Is your lifestyle really that extravagant???

11. JennyDelToro profile image60
    JennyDelToroposted 8 years ago

Dream big! I love it smile

12. Titia profile image93
    Titiaposted 8 years ago

LOL you made me laugh.

13. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 8 years ago

When you figure it out, let the rest of us know.

jaysonjaymesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You will be the first to know smile.

Maybe someone here has the answer and is simply hiding it.

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The answer to your question is hidden in plain sight.

14. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 8 years ago

If it's possible, please let the rest of us know!   :-)    It's gonna take a million years for me to get that much.

15. vshukla32 profile image41
    vshukla32posted 8 years ago

II agree

16. vshukla32 profile image41
    vshukla32posted 8 years ago

Its impossible

17. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years ago

Oh ! PS: jaysonjaymes, first you need to get started by writing a hub.

18. JennyDelToro profile image60
    JennyDelToroposted 8 years ago

I followed you, jaysonjaymes. Now write a hub! smile

19. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 8 years ago

Yes.

I'm not telling you how I do it.

20. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 8 years ago

Only takes about three months.  I thought everyone who'd been here over a year was pulling in at least $200,000 a month, or is it really just me? (ebook in preparation - will be spammed around the world!) smile lol!

My advice would be to chill, enjoy the learning process and get satisfaction from your writing.  This is not a get rich quick site, although I applaud your ambition

21. BigBlue54 profile image60
    BigBlue54posted 8 years ago

You could try robbing banks. Two or three a month should do it. And as there are less bank robberies taking place this would mean less competition. Nothing worse than turning up at a bank with no money in it because someone else has just been there.

I should point out that the banks and the police do take rather a dim view of this and your earnings will decline somewhat once incarcerated inside a correctional facility.

22. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 8 years ago

Buy Google.  They may probably be making that much from Hubpages per month!

23. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 8 years ago

If you have good SEO knowledge, it's possible to make regular income here to, say, pay a bill or buy some groceries every month. If you are an SEO or marketing expert, you might be able to make a living.

I'd say with good SEO or marketing knowledge, it'd take at least 50 (more or less) well-written SEO-optimized Hubs to make enough for that bill or groceries per month. Without SEO, maybe hundreds of Hubs if some of them somehow hit on what searchers on the Net are looking for. It's hit or miss if you don't use SEO.

Evidently, it has to do with timing too. It's been said that those who were doing this thing several years ago when it was still profitable are still doing well. Although, some not as well. Probably this has to do with age; their articles are still indexed on a good spot in search engine results.

To make a living writing on the Net you'd have to diversify; different projects, your own sites in addition to revenue-sharing sites.

1. BigBlue54 profile image60
        BigBlue54posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I very much agree with NateB11 here. If you want to make money then build your skills up, assuming you do not already have the necessary skills needed, and then start looking elsewhere online as well as here. Diversify.

There are plenty of places out there looking for bloggers to write for them and many online news sites are looking for bloggers too. Take a look at Problogger as they are not only a good source of information on blogging but also have a jobs board. One I came across recently is bloggerpro which also has a jobs board.

Before you start do lots of research. Who can a work for? What can I writer? How do I make money? Where do I learn about SEO? These and many other questions need answers if you want to be successful. And once you start keep looking for other site to write for.

I do not see you making 50k per month, or even a year, but it is possible to make a living out of it. But do remember it will take a lot of effort on your part. You get out what you put in.

24. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Earning $50,000 a month on HubPages. Hm! 

Anyone who could do that would be loco not to have their own top notch brand website.

25. marcfreccero profile image40
    marcfrecceroposted 8 years ago

Ignore a lot of these responses, I like your ambition and you should be thinking big - that's how to be successful. I make way more money on my blog than HubPages, so my first piece of advice is to start your own site.

On HubPages specifically, write a bunch of Hubs until you're consistently making $50 a month. Meaning that if you were to stop writing completely, that $50 would still keep coming in (i.e. Passive Income).

Next, go to E-Lance and hire experts to write you articles that will get a lot of traffic and appear on the front page of Google and other search engines. With that $50+ coming in consistently, use it to hire who know more than you about SEO to write you articles that will get you even more money.

Keep repeating this process until you have the $50,000/month. It will take a lot of time, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely possible. Especially when you get a lot of passive income, start using your free time (because you hired other people to do the work for you) to work on other side projects to get you even more money.

1. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good post, that is cathedral thinking.

26. Colin Quartermain profile image89
    Colin Quartermainposted 8 years ago

Which $ are we talking about;
    50,000 Zimbabwean Dollars no problem,
    50,000 Taiwanese Dollars plausible
    50,000 Naimbian Dollars really pushing it

27. Jerry Gacis Jr profile image58
    Jerry Gacis Jrposted 8 years ago

I wish my earnings would be like that. How many hubs would it take to reach that huge money?

28. Maffew James profile image94
    Maffew Jamesposted 8 years ago

10 million advertising impressions per month at an average value of $5 per every 1000 impressions ($5 CPM) - 10M / 1000 * 5 = 50000

On HubPages, you earn from 60% of impressions, meaning, to get 10 million impressions, you would need about 16.7 million pageviews.

If you could successfully target and rank in first position on google for high traffic, high value keywords, as well as generate significant traffic from social media to the point that you are receiving an average of 400 pageviews per day per article, as an example, it would take 1400 articles to achieve this level of traffic.

Let's say you get an average of 100 views per article though. Suddenly, you need 5600 articles. Or worse: 20 views per article on average...you then need 28000 articles to reach this target. Can you write 5600 articles that all bring in at least 100 views? How about 28000 articles that bring in at least 20 views each?

Is it even achievable at all? Sure - although the work required and skill involved is phenomenal. Without mastery of SEO, copywriting, and marketing, it'd be nigh-impossible. Even with great finesse in these areas, it will be incredibly difficult.

Can you do it on HubPages? Probably not. You'd have more luck with a network of websites based around different topics. Even building 20 websites that achieve 500K pageviews per month will be incredibly difficult.

1. Muttface profile image80
      Muttfaceposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So it can be done then!

Lol

29. susi10 profile image95
    susi10posted 8 years ago

Errrrrrrrrrr................

hmm

1. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol

We best get busy.

1. susi10 profile image95
        susi10posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. wink

30. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image82
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 8 years ago

Hats off to Maffew James.

31. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

I appreciate the breakdown and the analytics of it all. I'd be extremely impressed if anyone on here made $5000 a month let alone $50000. The amount of knowledge, marketing, and effort would have to be through the roof.

I'd think most of us would be satisfied just reaching the payout each month. Dream big though I guess, never say never.

32. belleart profile image81
    belleartposted 8 years ago

Good answers. In truth that is an unreachable goal on hubpages.  For anyone to earn that a month would be incredible, even off hubpages.   However, I have doubled my monthly earnings by simply writing nearly double the amounts of hub per month.  But we're still talking a few quid and no where near 100.

33. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

I would say 99.999999% sure to be never.

34. stephenteacher profile image69
    stephenteacherposted 8 years ago

If you make 1 cent the first day of the month, then 2 cents the second, 4 cents the next and so on, doubling the previous day, at the end of the month you will have earned over $9 million for the month.

Hahaha! That escalated quickly....

jaysonjaymesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow people really are taking me seriously...

that is the worse part, LOL!

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
          DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

The really odd thing is all of the people that come on here and expect to be making $1000 a month their first year, etc. It almost never works that way (although there have been a few that make a lot more than that when they find a special hub, like how to win on Kim Kardashians new videogame).
          I think you deserve a special award though---maybe a lot less that $50,000. The answers on this thread have been a lot of fun to read.

2. Muttface profile image80
      Muttfaceposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I prefer these types of sums!

35. goatfury profile image91
    goatfuryposted 8 years ago

I'm up to a steady $25 per month on one account, and maybe $5-$10 on this one.  So around $35/month total now.  I'd like to be up to $50/month by the end of the year, and cashing out every month shortly after that.

If I make it that far, we'll see where to go from there smile

36. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 8 years ago

One thing I understand reading several posts here encouraging and appreciating the so called ambition!. Many people seem to be obsessed with the "Power of Positive Thinking", however meaningless or impossible it may be!

1. Chriswillman90 profile image90
      Chriswillman90posted 8 years agoin reply to this

There's a huge difference between positive thinking and realism in this case. Sure we can all try to be positive thinkers and believe a certain money goal could be achieved yet we have to be realistic in its approach. I take this topic as a joke obviously, but it has really stirred the pot among the believers on this forum.

2. NateB11 profile image88

Yes, "positive thinking" for many people is their magic potion. Been buying too much snake oil from pop psychologists and advice columns. Can't look at anything directly.

37. goatfury profile image91
    goatfuryposted 8 years ago

Ambition is crucial, and if you can couple it with ferocious tenacity, then you've really got something great.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image58
      C.V.Rajanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If someone says ambition is crucial and he says water can be got from mirage if only someone has ferocious tenacity, I don't know how far such a positive thinking is good! I would equate this particular case to this example!

+1

38. blueheron profile image91
    blueheronposted 8 years ago

You realize that you are hoping to make large amounts of money from dispensing opinions and advice, right? When was the last time you gave someone advice, and they said, "Thanks! Here's five bucks!"

39. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Some other users have recently posted they made their first payouts, which means they hit the $50 threshold finally.

Rangoon House made first payout in 8 months, http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2730120

Rafiq23 also is celebrating a first payout, which they achieved after 19 months, http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2730250

What these two users have experienced are the historical averages for first payout on this site, for people who do write Hubs that pass QAP.   

Better start writing if you're gonna hit that first $50....

40. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

Ambition needs to be coupled with some degree of rationality. You can't just decide you dog will poop diamonds so long as you believe hard enough.

41. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 8 years ago

I think he meant  $.05 a month.   No hubs, no money at all.  You dont earn with questions and forums.

42. KatyWhoWaited profile image80
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 8 years ago

How about 50 Cents a month?

43. MichaelMcNabb profile image61
    MichaelMcNabbposted 8 years ago

I was negative earnings last month.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)