Unpublishing hubs

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image82
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 18 months ago

Am I correct in assuming that if I unpublish a hub, the content is still available to me?  If so, for how long is that content available?  Is there an easy way to copy the content before deleting the hub?  If the hub is unpublished is there really any need to delete it even if I re-publish it elsewhere?  I would assume as long as it's not published on hubpages, keeping it here as a backup is not prohibited.  I could check this all out in FAQ, but I'm in a bit of a rush.  Thanks so much in advance for your time .

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 18 months ago

Yes - the only time the content is deleted is when you hit the 'Delete' button.  Unpublishing a hub just takes it down from the world of Google, and you still have it in your archives.

One way to copy the content easily is to go into Edit and you can just copy and past the text from capsules into a Word document. That way, you might feel more in control, and you won't be trying to copy the text from the enter hub (which would include photos and other things you may not want to interfere with the text).

You can also do a 'test run' if you want by creating a new hub (just pick any title that the system will allow you to pick) and see what happens when you enter text and then hit 'unpublish.'  If you're comfortable with what happens, you can do that with the hubs you're wanting to copy or otherwise retain.

Hope that helps!

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image82
      KatyWhoWaitedposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Marcy,

I thought that was the case, but I just wanted to be sure before I did the "unpublish".  I appreciate the quick response.  The "test run" is a great idea!