jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

account page default view

1. CatherineGiordano profile image89
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

In the past, my hubs were ranked ordered by hub score on my account page by default. I could change that by clicking at the top of the columns, but it always reverted to the default.

Now they are rank ordered by number of views in the past 7 days by default. Did I do something to make that happen? How can I change it back?

Thanks.

1. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Catherine, this is the new default. You can click on "Score" to see your hubs in order of score in reverse order of how it appeared before. It will go back to default if you refresh the page or go back to it later.

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I wish you I knew when changes are made. I got used to it one way and now it is changed. I looked in the forum to see if there was any mention of a change, and there wasn't.

There was a thread about it and one of the HP Team let us know it was the new default. HubPages would like us to focus more on the hubs with the highest traffic rather than the hubscores. Which makes sense. 

Yeah, we get use to things being one way and then have to adjust to something new. smile

I hadn't seen the thread. I thought I did something. I spent half an hour trying to fix it.

I used to check 7-day scores every day anyhow.  I just had a certain routine for checking stats and not it is all changed up.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
          Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you click on "score" twice, your hubs will list highest score on top, just like before. You will have to do that each time you go in if you want to see the high scores on top. HP let us know AFTER several of us got stressed over it and thought it was a glitch.

Phyllis, thank you for the tip on clicking twice.
            I didn't catch that before.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
              Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome, colorfulone.  Watch the tiny black arrow to the right of "score". smile

I am hypnotised by it. cool
                I could watch it all night.

3. sallybea profile image97
          sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Catherine,
          Here is the thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130287

2. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

The default is definitely "7 days traffic"

I know this because if I click on Traffic "Ever" it brings back all my unpublished Hubs which are about to make the journey to my new websites. They are of course still pitching high in rank for the most ever traffic despite being unpublished for a few weeks now.

Similarly if i look down the 30 days traffic column I can see some which are out of sequence.

Personally if I was going to rank by traffic I'd always go for 'ever' or '30 days'. 7 days can just be a blip on the statistical landscape.

Anyway it saves me having to click to rank by traffic as the first thing I did EVERY time I viewed the dashboard. Ranking by Hubscore was always irrelevant. Ranking by what the outside world thinks is what matters.

Ranking by hub score was a boon to impatient people like me. When I published a new hub, I could guestimate its score by seeing more the question mark was in the hub score rankings.

working