jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What does the Edit sorting do?

1. Engelta profile image43
    Engeltaposted 23 months ago

When you click Title in the Hubs page, it rearranges your hubs in alphabetical order, or reverse. When you click Edit, what does it do? How does it rearrange the hubs?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

LOL. I hadn't even noticed that on the stats page.  It probably does sort them in alphabetical order (unless it is set up as an image), but since the whole column says the same thing, there would be no change from the last view you used.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 23 months ago in reply to this

That "edit" tag is kind of redundant. It does exactly the same sorting as clicking on the "title" tag.

Engeltaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I have tried it and it does not sort the hubs in alphabetical order. It does not sort the hubs in any other order as the other options do.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
          Glenn Stokposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Engelta - You're absolutely right! And thanks for the correction.  I just did further testing and discovered that I was mislead with my prior tests. Clicking the "edit" tag only causes it to sort by the last column we sorted by before.  That is why I was mislead, and I stand corrected. 

Now that thou brought that to my attention, I was curious to discover if there is a default. When I leave and come back to the stats page, and then click "edit" for the very first time, it seems to sort by the 7-day views. That seems to be the default. But if I sort by any other column and then click "edit", it causes it to sort by whatever I sorted by last.

I think HubPages team should remove that link above the edit column. It serves no purpose. And it is clear that the individual "edit" buttons next to each title are used to go into edit mode. So no title above that column is necessary.

Engeltaposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for clarifying it to me. I think that this option should be removed as it is worth nothing.

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 23 months ago

That's interesting, I never even noticed that.

working