jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Baffled by low figures

1. carlajbehr profile image88
    carlajbehrposted 2 years ago

I have a hub that was hit 10,000 this week - almost 30,000 all toll, but each day, I don't even realize $1.00 in earning.  My ads are set up and I can see them on the page.  I have checked all my ads settings.  I am baffled because this is my most successful hub.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It appears there may have been a Google update over the weekend, although Google is not acknowledging it as an update at this time.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2731938

2. carlajbehr profile image88

So what does that mean for us?

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

It is hard to tell what will happen after a Google update. Sometimes there is an initial loss of traffic followed later by a recovery and sometimes even an increase in traffic. The bad news is sometimes there's no recovery. I'm afraid a Google algorithm update has to be waited out. Then followed by relief or, possibly, working on articles to make them google-friendly. Or whatever it takes to recover.

3. carlajbehr profile image88

The problem is not being hit or having a google-friendly hub, I'm being hit like crazy - the earnings don't reflect it.

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh, shoot, I misread your question. The only thing I can guess is that those are not human visitors or visitors from somewhere where advertisers will not pay much for. Or the CPM is really low. Somehow the ads are not paying as much per view/click. Or a glitch.

Edit: In other words, it has to do with traffic quality, possibly, or nature/cost of ads.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So you're saying you have lots of page views, but not the earnings you'd expect.

Are you using the HP earning program or AdSense on its own?

Remember that 40% of ad impressions go to hubpages. So if you got 10,000 views, approximately 4,000 of those you won't earn anything from. The normal range of earnings per 1000 views is $1 - $5, so for 6000 views you could expect to earn anywhere between $6 - $30.

4. carlajbehr profile image88

The hits are coming from people - there are comments daily - 55 all toll.  I have both earnings programs.  I haven't even seen $1 a day.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Traffic does not necessarily mean money, especially if it's not a high-CPM topic.  Also, if the majority of visitors leave quickly after arriving.

6. carlajbehr profile image88

Based on the last time, this hub was hit - the results are inconsistent.  I do thank everyone for their response, however, I think this may explain it:  "Processing Delays - HubPages Ad Program
    We recently partnered with a few new ad networks that have inconsistent report update times. Because of this, Ad Program earnings will arrive later than usual going forward. We will do our best to have the data updated as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!."

working