jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Don't carp! Carpe Diem!

1. Eldritch Elegy profile image60
    Eldritch Elegyposted 7 years ago

The relaxin has arrived!

As a result, my SIJ dysfunction is significantly worse!

I crawled to the bathroom last night because I could not walk on the pain in my hips, and my doctor still doesn't see a medically valid (see also: financially sound) reason to perform a c-section so my injuries don't worsen!

I was up all night with braxton-hicks contractions!

You know what this all means?

Absolutely nothing (besides the fact that I am about to have a hopefully perfectly healthy, beautiful baby girl)!

It's absolutely gorgeous outside. Life is great, even though it's awfully difficult these days.

Use today to reflect on the blessings you usually take for granted. Thank God for what He's given you, and don't ruin your own joy by letting negativity get the better of you.

I thank God for you guys.

I thank God for the weather.

I thank God my father is having a good day.

For the family and friends who pray for me.

For the fact that I can return this simple, powerful kindness to them.

I thank God for giving me the distance to see how harmful my relationship with my husband is... and I thank Him for the time to figure out what to do about it.

I thank Him for all the difficulty I've been through recently, because it has forced me to grow up a little and has given me so many insights into what is and is not important in life.

I thank Him for not giving up on me while I was too busy feeling sorry for myself to see how many good things I have going for me.

What are you grateful for?

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am simply grateful for life , good or bad. I will keep you in my prayers and I wish you all of the joy and happiness with your soon to be new edition. Do you have a name for her yet?smile

Eldritch Elegyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! Her name is Madison. smile

2. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 7 years ago

Good luck with it all I will be waiting for a report. I am thankful for a ton of things that I have in life. a life, food people, my parents, edcuation and many more.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

Have a happy, beautiful baby! I'll be thinking about you and having you in my prayer list.

Eldritch Elegyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Patty. Same here.

4. LondonGirl profile image92
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Hope you have a safe and easy delivery.

(Carpe diem - fish of the day!)

5. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

Just keep looking on the bright side and things *will* get better.  Plus you'll have little Madison to take your mind off the SIJ.  Hope she arrives SOON! lol