jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Suggestion for adding Word Count and View Duration to Stats Report

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 18 months ago

I was thinking it may be useful to include the Word Count and View Duration in the Stats Report. I find these two things useful for helping me decide where I need to focus on updating old hubs. Right now I need to go into each hub and click on the Hub Metrics. This is a time consuming task, just to find hubs that have low view durations.

The word count is also useful to see at a glance (if it were in the Stats Report) because then we can sort it by word count and compare it to the traffic columns to see where we may need to add more text (if low on traffic).

I realize that there may not be room for additional columns in the Stats. An alternative is to have an option of replacing the two date columns with  Word Count and View Duration. Users can select which report they want to see. An easier alternative, from a programming standpoint, is to just add these two columns to the downloadable Excel file via the "export csv" link.

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 18 months ago in reply to this

Good idea, I've thought the same thing before.

2. grand old lady profile image87
    grand old ladyposted 18 months ago

I agree, this would be very, very helpful.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 18 months ago

View duration and interaction would be very helpful as I am sure this is a major factor in how the great god G is going to judge our content.

Word count however is going to be a contributing factor to the view duration rather than a direct measure that we should be encouraging people to increase just for the sake of it.

4. Easy Exercise profile image90
    Easy Exerciseposted 18 months ago

I love that idea! With over 50 hubs, sometimes over 100 hubs, it is impossible to track which hubs need more content.

Adding these columns into the download allows a streamlined method to truly analyze the data.

A number of my hubs I have found need help with the keywords. Is there an analysis I can do to see 1.) what key words are being picked up? 2.) and also if my hub is considered stuffing the key words? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.