FIXED: Photos not uploading

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 8 years ago

I have repeatedly tried to upload photos directly in hub editing ... unsuccessfully.

So then I tried uploading directly to 'photos'. Chose 11 photos but only one uploaded.

Yet all photos were taken on the same camera, reduced size using the same process, shared similar names etc.

Am I the only one having this problem at present?

1. AliciaC profile image94
      AliciaCposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, you're not the only one with this problem. I'm facing the same situation right now. I've tried to upload different photos and different resolutions, but this hasn't helped.

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I had some problems uploading public domain gif images yesterday. When I changed an image to jpeg it uploaded.

I haven't tried today but will give it a go.

1. colorfulone profile image78

I just uploaded four images and am not having any problems today.

1. AliciaC profile image94
          AliciaCposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The photos that I couldn't upload yesterday have loaded without problems today. smile

3. Jodah profile image90
      Jodahposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I sometimes have trouble uploading photos in that I have to do it twice for each photo because they don't save to the hub the first time.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just did some further testing and am seeing an error message when I upload an image "Could not move uploaded file."

I have shared this updated information with our engineering team so they can determine and resolve the issue.

2. chika-nicholas profile image68
    chika-nicholasposted 8 years ago

Some temporary technical difficulty.Do try uploading the images some other time.
    My own problem with images is inserting these images in the middle part of my hub.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

We were having trouble with uploading photos last night, but this has been resolved.

I am having trouble uploading images today.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72

This should now be resolved.
        I just tested and was able to upload an image via Chrome in Windows 8.1.

If you are still having issues, try the following.
        1. Clear your browser cache.
        2. Restart your computer.

Thank you so much Techno.
          It seems to be working fine and fast now.

4. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 8 years ago

I tried uploading photos again after reading others were having success, and it worked for me as well.

My current problem is with text capsules. Seems my efforts to edit text are pointless at the moment.

So I'm giving up for a day or two, hoping things settle down.

LTM, what is happening when you try to edit text?

LongTimeMotherposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The heading shows, but the text remains empty. It won't let me type or paste text. It won't allow me to 'discard changes' but it will let me save ... which is not very encouraging when the text box is empty.

Sometimes, without any apparent reason, the text reappears. (I noticed this happened when I decided to insert a new text box and recreate what I thought I'd lost. I just deleted the new text box and gave up.)

I had wanted to change one word in a particular text box, but couldn't get to that single word. I've left it for another day.

LongTimeMotherposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I should mention, this problem was with a published hub I wanted to edit.

Just now I added a text capsule to a new hub without any drama. It is hard to know why problems occur ... but that's typical of life in general, I guess.

I'll give it time. On a scale of 1-10, a delay in editing hubs doesn't even rate on my problem-meter.

Thanks for asking though, colorfulone.

2. colorfulone profile image78

I have been having similar problems for weeks with the text capsules. Matt, was not able to duplicate the problem, so we chalked it up to a browser problem on the computer I am using now. Because, I do not have the same problem on another OS.

3. Jodah profile image90

I currently can't edit my text capsules. I added text to one but am unable to change it. It is frustrating because it is preventing me from being able to publih any hub at the moment.

1. sallybea profile image93
            sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yesterday I had problems uploading images.  I received a message which said the image was larger than 2M  I have never had this problem before.  On the second attempt, the images were uploaded.  I have been wondering for a while whether I should be resizing my images with Faststone, a free program which I use on my computer. Is this really necessary on HubPages>  I have assumed that images are resized on uploading as has happened in the past.  If I resize them, I can do this in bulk using Faststone but if I do what size do you recommend. please.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72

The general best practice is to use the largest image you have (within reason). We say 1000 pixels or wider in the FAQ.
              We do make multiple sizes and re-compress images on upload, so you shouldn't have to resize images before uploading to HubPages unless they are larger than we support (which is limited by the file size and should be 8MB).
              http://hubpages.com/faq/#imagerequirements

4. Jodah profile image90

I had the same problems at approximately the same time..but all good now.

5. sallybea profile image93
    sallybeaposted 8 years ago

I wonder why the message said 2M in red writing rather than 8MB. Anyway, it worked in the end:)
    Thanks Matthew.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)