jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Is this an alright topic for a Hub?

1. Cardia profile image89
    Cardiaposted 17 months ago

I was thinking of writing a hub about my experiences as an exchange student in Brazil (I stayed there for one year in a city in the northeast) but I'm not sure if it would run the risk of being seen as a hub that is a blog post.

Would that be an alright topic to write on? I'd include photos (not of me, but of the city and places there)

1. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Students that are pondering that very thing would be interested in reading about your experience, strength and hope as an exchange student in Brazil.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 17 months ago in reply to this

I think it would work if you wrote it in third person rather than in first, with a note that the article is based on your own experiences.  Although an interesting topic, unless properly done, it could be seen as a blog.

3. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 17 months ago in reply to this

It would be good but you might want to make it a bit Internet-friendly; meaning, the kind of thing people like on Internet; capsule about what not to do in Brazil, capsule about best places to see in Brazil, how not to get an F in class, Brazilian families love Americans, what Brazilian hate, what Brazilians love, what not to do in public in Brazil. Not those topics specifically, but ones that people can use as a "take away". It could be more specifically oriented toward your experience, but designed to give searchers the kind of thing they like.

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Yep this would work.

4. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 17 months ago in reply to this

This sounds like a great topic, Cardia. The key is to make sure it's helpful for readers (for example, people thinking of visiting Brazil or becoming exchange students), but your personal experience and details will really make the Hub come alive. smile

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
        Sherry Hewinsposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I was thinking the very same thing, but glad we got an official verdict.

2. Cardia profile image89
    Cardiaposted 17 months ago

Thanks for the many tips guys! I already have some ideas of my own written down, but I'm going to try and make this topic a bit more 'Internet friendly' as you all suggested.
    Much appreciated smile