jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Stolen Content: Does anyone know this website?

1. Anthony Altorenna profile image95
    Anthony Altorennaposted 17 months ago

I really like the HubPages feature that warns you when your content may have been stolen, and it even provides you with the outline for sending DMCA notice to the offending website.

Several of my Hubs were scraped and posted on this site, but I cannot find the 'owner'. Has anyone had any success in reaching the right owner or host? WordPress denies any affiliation or responsibility.

Though I don't want to send any more traffic to this thief -- especially since some of my content on this ranks higher in Google than my original Hub -- here is the link so you can see URL.

http://howtomakemoneyonline.pituitaryap … gs/page/2/

I guess their solution for 'making money online' is to post the content created by others.

1. Writer Fox profile image82
      Writer Foxposted 17 months ago in reply to this

This is a German website, hosted by a company in the Netherlands.  To file a complaint, go to this form:

Send this message:

Pursuant to The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, and the Court of Justice of the European Union, this communication serves as a statement that:

I am the exclusive rights holder of articles on the [http:// yoursubdomain .hubpages.com] website and the owner and author of the following articles, posted on www.HubPages.com:

[List all of your Hubs plagiarized on howtomakemoneyonline.pituitaryapoplexy.com]

These exclusive rights are being violated by material available upon a site you are hosting on the IP address, at the following URLs:

[List each URL on howtomakemoneyonline.pituitaryapoplexy.com where your plagiarized Hubs appear.  Use the same order you used to list your Hubs.]

This is my contact information:

[List a name – It's supposed to be your real, legal name.
      telephone number

I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by me, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

I hereby request that you remove or disable access to this material as it appears on your service in as expedient a fashion as possible.

[Put the same name you used above at the end.  This is 'signing' the notice and is required.]

Anthony Altorennaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Writer Fox!  I'll try this email and see what happens...  Thanks again!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 17 months ago
  3. colorfulone profile image90
    colorfuloneposted 17 months ago
      Anthony Altorennaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Colorfulone.  I've tried sending notes to Steve Baldry, but the email is not valid.

1. classicalgeek profile image87
        classicalgeekposted 17 months ago in reply to this

If the information he provided to the host is not valid, report it to ICANN and they will yank the domain name. I've done that on many occasions when I the email is invalid. ICANN doesn't mess around.