jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Colored Font

1. nancydrewaddicts profile image60
    nancydrewaddictsposted 17 months ago

I would love the availability to write in color. Frequently I want to bring attention to certain things. When I write my post in Word, I use color to signify different topics. For my new computer game blog I am creating, I would like to signify which are awards, which are Easter eggs, which character names are in the profile list, etc. When I copy the post into my hub, all color is gone and there is no way to change it. For now I have been resigned to using bold, italics, underlined, and combinations to help. Is there any way color font could be added to the hubs? Or is it there and I am just not seeing it? Also would it be possible to copy and paste a file from Word that includes pictures without needing to insert pictures into individual capsules?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 17 months ago

There is no way to add colored text using any coding or any of the text tools.  (Thank goodness). This decision was made all the way back at the beginning of HubPages for design cohesion and readability reasons.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 17 months ago

Even though I feel that I am a responsible user of HTML, and sometimes I would like more options on HubPages, I saw some awful things done with it on Squidoo. I think that HubPages has made the right decision in restricting the styles used here. All hubs have a uniform look.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 17 months ago in reply to this

But, you can use a little on the forums.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
        Sherry Hewinsposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Yeah, I think they have made the right decision!