jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

1. Hearts and Lattes profile image86
    Hearts and Lattesposted 17 months ago

I am not a new hubber but was directed to post in here for help with a hub.

I have a hub that was unfeatured. I did have about six Amazon links in it, a number which I have never attempted before. But the hub has over 1200 words.

I reduced the Amazon links to four, and it was still unfeatured. There were no other problems with the hub.

Can anyone tell me how many words are we required to have per Amazon capsule? Or is there is specific cap on the number of Amazon capsules we are advised to have?

The products in the Amazon capsules are all discussed in the body of the article.

I have been hubbing for three years, and am reasonably versed in changing content for updates, but I don't know where the explicit directions are for Amazon capsule advice, or what they entail ...

Many thanks.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image88
      Shades-of-truthposted 17 months ago in reply to this

The forum post below might help a lot. If you go to the Learning Center, there is info there, too, and if you type "rules for Amazon capsules" or "how many Amazon capsules", or "why was my Hub unfeatured" in the search at the top left of Hub Pages, that will give you more info.

For starters:
      Hope this helps!

Hearts and Lattesposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Shades, thank you for the link. I did a search and find, but could not find anything specific about a count of words or number of capsules allowed. This is the first hub I've had a problem with.

2. Dressage Husband profile image80
    Dressage Husbandposted 17 months ago

In theory you need 50 words per capsule, in practice the editors and Amazon Turk reviewers will un-feature Hubs that they feel are over promotional and that is probably the issue here. Paul Edmondson feels that just one quality link to an Amazon product that really adds value is way better than having several talked about but not directly related products.

I think he is afraid of being penalized by Google for being no more than a thinly disguised store front. If you want that many links you should blog and use Prosociate or Covert Store builder and just be an on-line store builder. This site is designed for writers and Google punish it whenever they part from that.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 17 months ago

The sales products (Ebay or Amazon) must be directly related to the content of the hub.  I took a look at your hub about red hair for African American women, and you have two books - one for textured hair, and one about hair lengths. Neither has to do with hair color.  Hair dye would be more appropriate to sell to people looking for information about red hair. Or a book about hairstyles of African-American women celebrities if it is clear that the book talks about hair color..

Hearts and Lattesposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I resolved the issue. Thanks for your input, everyone.