jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to find out where some views come from

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 22 months ago

I have recently had a hub get a small boost in traffic for a few days, but I am unable to figure out where the traffic is coming from...the stats on the hub don't show any obvious increase, but there is the note that not all views have a discernable source.  Just wondering if someone could let me know a different way I might be able to figure that out. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 22 months ago

Webmaster tools.  More than likely the traffic is internal.

3. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 22 months ago

Webmaster Tools only shows you Google traffic.  If you go to Google Analytics, you can see the different traffic sources and any changes.  In Google Analytics under the Reporting tab, go to Acquisition>All Traffic >Source Medium.  Your traffic sources will be shown in this report.  At the top of the page, you can select a date range to look at changes during a certain time period, or you can click on a specific source, e.g., Pinterest, and see its traffic changes.  Hope that helps!  smile

4. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 22 months ago

Thanks!

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 22 months ago

Glimmer: Webmaster tools gives a lot of information such as top queries which is keyword used by searchers who come to your hub, top pages, etc which HP does not do.

working