jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Delicious, healthy protein packed porridge

1. RefreshFitness profile image59
    RefreshFitnessposted 22 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Delicious, healthy protein packed porridge (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. AliciaC profile image97
      AliciaCposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Your hub contains two links to a commercial site that has the same name as your HubPages account. The hub gives the impression that its main purpose is to promote a business, which I think is the problem.

1. RefreshFitness profile image59
        RefreshFitnessposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your advice.  I have amended it and resubmitted it so hopefully it will go through this time.  Thanks once again.

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 22 months ago

Alicia C gave you good advice. Also, you need to carefully proofread your article. For starters, "protein packed" should be "protein-packed" with a hyphen. I try not to be the Hyphen Nazi, but when I see a mistake in the name of an article, it stands out more.

Proofread your writing carefully, or have a friend proofread for you, since it can be difficult to catch your own mistakes. Look for typos and small grammatical mistakes. A couple of examples: In the sentence "Almonds contain monounsaturated fat which is the same fats that are found in olive oil," "fats that are found" should be changed to "fat that is found." In that same paragraph, the last sentence should be start with "they" instead of "the" -- or even better, change the word "they" to "almonds." The last sentence also is missing a period at the end. In fact, there are quite a few sentences in your article which are missing periods. Also, some words are randomly capitalized, such as "Red Berries" (should be Red berries"). I see quite a few instances of this throughout the article, especially in the ingredients section.

A few typos I see at a glance: "Stock" should be "stop;" "outs" should be "oats." The paragraph that starts "Red Berries" has several grammatical problems and typos.

3. RefreshFitness profile image59
    RefreshFitnessposted 22 months ago

Thank you for the great advice.  You're right!  I must of read it 20 times and didn't see any of the mistakes.  Thanks once again.

working