jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Origins Of Paganism

1. 59
    giddygrafixposted 17 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Origins Of Paganism (must be signed in to view).

My intention with this hub is to promote a debate on modern paganism and how (if at all) it connects to its origins. Any feedback would be greatly received.

What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. 59
    giddygrafixposted 17 months ago

To add a little more info...

The hub was rejected due to 'spammy' content which i guess refers to the links i placed at the foot of the page. These links were placed to demonstrate the extent of modern paganism, such as pagan homewares (mugs, cushion covers, bedspreads), pagan clothing and a pagan facebook group.

I have since removed these links and resubmitted... but my question is, Can i put links on a hubpage or not?

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 17 months ago

Links are allowed.  Useful, informative, contributory links which add tightly relevant material. 

Retail promotions of items not utterly relevant and necessary to the content are not allowed.  No one needs to buy homewares to learn or understand Pagan history.  That's those spammy elements.

Maybe one or two books that would deepen a readers knowledge or provide further historical fact could be appropriate but admin even rejects that stuff sometimes because no purchasing is actually required to learn history.

I'd recommend citing sources to give the Hub some gravitas.

1. 59
      giddygrafixposted 17 months ago in reply to this

the links were to demonstrate what modern pagan 'tat' is... which is related to the closing paragraph of the article an the debate that I'd hoped to provoke. i.e. what is paganism about today? consumerism, cult or culture??