jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Don Bobbit....copied article!!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 22 months ago

Don Bobbitt recently posted an article warning motor home owners about scams...and just now I found an exact copy of it on slideshares, which is hosted by LinkedIn.  I have informed the team and have asked them to contact him.  The URL is listed here.

http://www[dot]slideshare[dot] net/Wade329Shipley/an-rv-buying-scam-look-out-motorhome-owners-who-want-to-sell-14807996

They seem to be stealing a lot of articles lately.  Anybody else had a problem?

1. lisavollrath profile image90
      lisavollrathposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I just got the copyright warning that my most popular hub has been copied by someone on Slideshare. DMCA complaint filed with LinkedIn moments later...

TIMETRAVELER2posted 22 months ago in reply to this

One good thing is that if you file properly using their form, they dump the copied content pretty quickly, like within days.

1. lisavollrath profile image90
          lisavollrathposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Yep. It took less than 12 hours for the page to be removed this time.

2. Don Bobbitt profile image92
    Don Bobbittposted 22 months ago

Thanks TimetravelerII- This slideshare is loaded with blatantly copied articles, (3 of mine at the moment). I am hitting the road tomorrow but I am going to go after them again.
    In actuality, it is a "Wild West" kind of site with no real management and the users copy whole works including the original authors information and even any of the original authors copyright warnings.
    I even have two hubs copied by someone in China. No response to any of my warnings or threats from them.
    Oh well, maybe I'm just supposed to be happy that my writings are good enough to be copied? LOL!
    DON

TIMETRAVELER2posted 22 months ago in reply to this

Well, when I saw that, I thought I should let you know.  Linked in will remove those articles if you use their form to file the complaint.

working