Pictures You've Uploaded

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Billie Kelpin profile image85
    Billie Kelpinposted 8 years ago

So, is there an easy way to download all the pictures you uploaded to hubpages?  I searched for a hub on this and checked out the image information section, but didn't find the answer.  I know I can right-click and paste the images I've imported and I probably have all of these pictures SOMEWHERE, but is there a way to download the whole batch at once? I'd like to get organized and have all of my hubpages photos in one folder and not scattered all over my computer as they are now. 

Thanks and cheers, Billie

1. Writer Fox profile image30
      Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this
      1. sallybea profile image93
        sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox
        I have wondered about that too - but the images I think in that folder have been resized.  Am I correct?

1. Writer Fox profile image30

Those are the images you have uploaded to Hubs, forums, and Questions/Answers.  The sizes are the sizes you uploaded.

1. sallybea profile image93

Writer Fox,  I noticed once when I downloaded my hubs so that I had a copy saved, that the images were not the same size as those which I uploaded to the site.  Is it not possible that these sizes are those which have been resized by HubPages?  I would like to think I am wrong in fact I hope that I am.

1. eugbug profile image95
              eugbugposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Sally, images are reduced to a max width of 1024 pixels

2. Writer Fox profile image30

HP automatically re-sizes pictures to a maximum of 520 pixels wide or 260 pixels wide if moved to the right.  The re-sizing is proportional.

That's true, and if you right click an image and select "save as" from within a hub, the downloaded image will be 520 or 260 pixels wide. Zoomed images however  are 1024 pixels or (or 520 pixels wide if moved to the right). A download manager downloads the zoomed versions. The zoomed version is what you view if you right click and select "view image" within a slide show (or double tap the image on a touch screen) or click on an image in the gallery (navigated to from the photo tab on your account page)

2. Pollyanna Jones profile image95
        Pollyanna Jonesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for this! Very helpful feature that I didn't know about at all.

2. eugbug profile image95

If you're using Firefox, you can install a download manager such as DownThemAll.  This is an add on which will allow you to list and download all your .jpg files associated with the http://hubpages.com/my/photos/gallery URL

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85
        Billie Kelpinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

oh, very cool, very cool...Thanks, I'll give it a try

2. sallybea profile image93

Very useful, I would love to have all those images somewhere separate.  Thank you.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image85
        Billie Kelpinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Eugbug.  It WORKED, It WORKED.  I DID need my software husband to figure the last phase of the operation out for me, although if I had just had a little more patience, I could have figured it out myself.  After I installed DownThemAll in Firefox, I had trouble finding it and figuring out what exactly to do with it.  But in a FEW minutes, voila' I have all the pictures in one place.  Interesting, side note.  I must have kept uploading one image in each of my hubs (It was an identifier of the group) each time.  I never really did use the gallery before.  So thank you again.  I think you should write a hub on this procedure.  It takes a little finese.  Thank goodness, my husband has that smile  I'm going to run back over and make a contribution to the designer of that software - very helpful!

Glad it worked Billie, hopefully HubPages doesn't raise an eyebrow and have an issue with this!? Technically trying to list the contents of a web folder is defined as hacking although this isn't quite the same thing. And thanks for giving me an idea about writing a hub!

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image79
            KatyWhoWaitedposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I hope they don't have a problem.  I was just unpublishing a hub I had written many years ago and wanted to put all the pictures connected with those postings in one place.  They're all mine, purchased or otherwise.  There just didn't seem to be any place to download that gallery even though I have MOST of them in one place on my computer.  All the web hosts I use, godaddy, web.com, etc. I believe have capability to download the pictures one has uploaded.  I'll try to check that out.  Cheers.

oops - and I just listed the name where I unpublished my hubs - It's supposed to be annoymous to the world, but I was signed in as "Katy".  It doesn't matter because I'm taking everything under that name off.  It's too hard to manage two accounts here - tee hee

so this is actually me, Billie, responding to your comment smile

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 years ago

Hi Sally (and anyone else who wants to know), the trick to recover your original size images is to alter the url of the image as you see it in your hub or list of photo gallery images.  For example, one of my images has this url

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/11837050_f520.jpg

because it was resized to 520 pixels wide for placement in a hub.  The original file I uploaded was a png, and if I change the url to this

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/11837050.png

I can recover the original. In this case the original happens to be 911 pixels wide. You may have to change the "png" part to "jpg" or "gif" or whatever the file extension is of the original. If you can't remember the extension of the original, just do trial and error until you find the right one.

1. Margaret Schindel profile image93
      Margaret Schindelposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi calculus-geometry,

This is great information, but I can't figure out where to delete the _f520 from the filename before downloading if I'm using DownloadThemAll download manager. Does this work only if I download each image individually by right clicking and doing a "Save image as.."?

Thanks in advance for your help!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)