jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

What is a conversion? I still don't understand this one.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 20 months ago

I keep hearing about something called conversions.  What exactly are they?

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 20 months ago in reply to this

For websites, conversions usually means how many visitors turn into customers for your product or service.  For sites using AdSense, we talk in terms of the click-through-rate (CTR): https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/112025?hl=en

If you are using AdWords to drive traffic to your site, the term 'conversion rate' is used: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2684489?hl=en

2. SpaceShanty profile image94
      SpaceShantyposted 20 months ago in reply to this

A conversion can mean a sale, sign up or some other goal achieved in the Internet Marketing world and is a metric often referred to as conversion rate (CR).

Example:  You have a Hub with two similar Amazon products, both get clicked on 100 times, from product A you make 5 sales, from product B you make 10 sales.

Your conversion rate on product A is 5%
      Your conversion rate on product B is 10%

Marketers will use CR to test and measure the effectiveness of email campaigns, product placement, titles, even colour and font used, Calls To Action (CTA) and to ultimately raise CR.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thanks everybody.  I kind of thought that's what it was, but was never sure!

2. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Great explanation. Thanks, SpaceShanty.

2. Sam Montana profile image83
    Sam Montanaposted 20 months ago

The way I understand this, a conversion is when someone clicks on an ad in your article. Now I am not sure if a conversion just means clicking on an ad or an actual sale. For adsense, it would probably mean clicking on your ads.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 20 months ago in reply to this

That's the way I see it.  And for Amazon, it means converting that click into a sale.

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Yes, this is how I've understood conversions; it means sales.

working