jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Is anyone still seeing abnormally high AdSense earnings?

1. Paul Maplesden profile image90
    Paul Maplesdenposted 22 months ago

I know that there were some 'clickbombing' attacks on Google AdSense accounts a few weeks back, and that Google was adjusting earnings as a result. Well, even though I have now moved over to the HP earnings programs, I'm still seeing unreasonably high revenue, I assume as a result of someone fraudulently clicking on my ads.

Is anyone else continuing to see much higher earnings in their AdSense accounts than they would reasonably expect, and does anyone know if we should continue to report it? (I reported it originally when the clickbombing started).

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
      SpaceShantyposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Nope, not for me.  Are your earnings in line with increased views?  If so I wouldn't worry.  If not then maybe shoot Adsense or Hubpages an email.

Of course it could be the clickbombing bug again.

1. Paul Maplesden profile image90
        Paul Maplesdenposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Sadly, no corresponding increase in views. I did notify Google, so we'll see if anything comes of it.

2. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Not here either, Paul. Everything is looking fairly normal on the low side.

3. robhampton profile image89
      robhamptonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Yes, still having a problem with this.  I notified them twice so apparently they are aware of the issue.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 22 months ago in reply to this

Just the opposite. I've been here more than 3 years and have yet to make one payout on Adsense.  However, I exclusively use the HP program.

1. robhampton profile image89
        robhamptonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I agree with that one. Adsense does seem to be pennys per day, if even that. If it wasnt for the ad program, I wouldn't be writing. I know that Google is aware of the high earnings because of last month, they only upped my earnings by a few dollars, not by what it said I made. (I would be able to retire if that were the case)

Just Re-read the last few posts. To clarify, YES, I have been getting extremely abnormal earnings per day. (usually maybe .05 cents, on a good day maybe close to a dollar) When I say Abnormal, I mean like several hundred dollars per day. In the Adsense overview this seems to be coming from Australia for some reason. I don't know much about "Click-Bombing" but have read enough to know what it is. I read not to long ago that Google had issued a statement that they are aware of this issue. As I said, I have reported it twice so i don't see the need to continue to report it. Google stated that we will be paid for VALIDATED clicks, which I know is true from last months earnings.

working