jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Google hits new search stats low

1. Lady Lorelei profile image78
    Lady Loreleiposted 20 months ago

Just sharing for those who may not currently be too happy with Google. Seems that Firefox did a real hit on them when they switched them from their default search. The effect is increasing with time. http://metrics.infolinks.com/2015/02/05 … ly-search/

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

That is very interesting and it will be interesting how Google responds to the challenge and what effect it will have on us writers here at HP. I also find that very interesting about Facebook video; I watch a lot of Facebook videos and share them; maybe as much or more than Youtube videos.

I also periodically post articles on Facebook and give them hashtags. Will be interesting to see if this has an impact as Facebook search continues to get popular.

1. Lady Lorelei profile image78
        Lady Loreleiposted 20 months ago in reply to this

It was interesting that the trend continues in loss of traffic for Google. When they first got hit by the Mozilla - Yahoo search switch it was thought that many people would put their search back to Google but seems most don't seem interested in doing it.

1. NateB11 profile image93
          NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

That is very interesting.

2. Writer Fox profile image81
    Writer Foxposted 20 months ago

You can change the search engine used with the Firefox browser by following these instructions:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/us … ch-engines

1. bgamall profile image84
      bgamallposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I personally think Yahoo search sucks. But then, Google seemed better in the past when they listed the original content at the top. Now you don't know who posted what.

3. Lee Hansen profile image79
    Lee Hansenposted 20 months ago

Google and Twitter are now friends and Google will have access to tweets ...

working