jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Tweets Get Prominent Placement In Google’s Results

1. paradigm search profile image79
    paradigm searchposted 22 months ago

"The Google-Twitter Deal Goes Live, Giving Tweets Prominent Placement In Google’s Results"

Well now... Looks like Twitter may have become less useless. big_smile

http://searchengineland.com/google-twit … ive-221148

I don't know anything about this. What say you?

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 22 months ago in reply to this

I might have to actually start using Twitter. Maybe this is Google's way of dealing with Facebook's search.

paradigm searchposted 22 months ago in reply to this

For reasons known only to my subconscious, even though I've been thinking it's a total waste of time, I still tweet stuff almost daily. Now it might actually accomplish something.

2. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 22 months ago

I tweet several times on a daily bases when I am online. #hashtags are good but not to over-do. A good mix of sharing other people's stuff and my own.

I do the good mix thing, but I've been neglecting hashtags. Time for me to start including those again.

3. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 22 months ago

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but in view of this, might it be a good idea if the tweet button on our hubs were visible to everyone?

4. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 22 months ago

Thanks for the info. I tweet articles with hashtags a lot. So this validates the effort, will do it more. I'm not sure if it increases views significantly but I love when I get the occasional retweet or follow. That means it might be shared with others. Very cool.

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I use it most days and think it is quite effective.

5. clivewilliams profile image79
    clivewilliamsposted 22 months ago

Gee, thanks Google, now when i search for "Ways to make money" i will now see a guy smoking a joint as this may be trending under that same headline.

6. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 22 months ago

Oh my, so now when I am trying to find useful information, my results will be spammed by c__p from Twitter as well as from Wikipedia as well as the paid ads. I think someone needs to develop a browser extension that will automatically move to page 5 of Google search results, which seems to be the starting point for trying to find real information.

I think Google is very wise. No matter what anyone looks up, I'm sure one of my tweets will have the answer. lol

7. Beaddoodler profile image80
    Beaddoodlerposted 22 months ago

I hadn't heard of this.  I always forget to tweet my hubs.  Need to make myself a note.

8. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 22 months ago

I tweet other people's hubs and throw in my own once in a while. That way it doesn't come across as being solely self-promotional. And I love the way HubPages usually retweets my tweets. Thanks HP team.

https://i.imgflip.com/ltauq.jpg
      Of course maybe that was because I wasn't following them. Fixed that. big_smile

9. paradigm search profile image79
    paradigm searchposted 22 months ago

Well I just tweeted a post about MILF dating tips from my website. Tweet was nowhere to be found on Google. Even worse, my G+ share showed up ahead of my actual website post. I hate that. Tough town.

working