jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Tweets Get Prominent Placement In Google’s Results

1. paradigm search profile image60
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

"The Google-Twitter Deal Goes Live, Giving Tweets Prominent Placement In Google’s Results"

Well now... Looks like Twitter may have become less useless. big_smile

http://searchengineland.com/google-twit … ive-221148

I don't know anything about this. What say you?

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I might have to actually start using Twitter. Maybe this is Google's way of dealing with Facebook's search.

paradigm searchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

For reasons known only to my subconscious, even though I've been thinking it's a total waste of time, I still tweet stuff almost daily. Now it might actually accomplish something.

2. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

I tweet several times on a daily bases when I am online. #hashtags are good but not to over-do. A good mix of sharing other people's stuff and my own.

I do the good mix thing, but I've been neglecting hashtags. Time for me to start including those again.

3. Jayne Lancer profile image88
    Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but in view of this, might it be a good idea if the tweet button on our hubs were visible to everyone?

4. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. I tweet articles with hashtags a lot. So this validates the effort, will do it more. I'm not sure if it increases views significantly but I love when I get the occasional retweet or follow. That means it might be shared with others. Very cool.

1. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I use it most days and think it is quite effective.

5. clivewilliams profile image71
    clivewilliamsposted 2 years ago

Gee, thanks Google, now when i search for "Ways to make money" i will now see a guy smoking a joint as this may be trending under that same headline.

6. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 2 years ago

Oh my, so now when I am trying to find useful information, my results will be spammed by c__p from Twitter as well as from Wikipedia as well as the paid ads. I think someone needs to develop a browser extension that will automatically move to page 5 of Google search results, which seems to be the starting point for trying to find real information.

I think Google is very wise. No matter what anyone looks up, I'm sure one of my tweets will have the answer. lol

7. Beaddoodler profile image77
    Beaddoodlerposted 2 years ago

I hadn't heard of this.  I always forget to tweet my hubs.  Need to make myself a note.

8. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

I tweet other people's hubs and throw in my own once in a while. That way it doesn't come across as being solely self-promotional. And I love the way HubPages usually retweets my tweets. Thanks HP team.

https://i.imgflip.com/ltauq.jpg
      Of course maybe that was because I wasn't following them. Fixed that. big_smile

9. paradigm search profile image60
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

Well I just tweeted a post about MILF dating tips from my website. Tweet was nowhere to be found on Google. Even worse, my G+ share showed up ahead of my actual website post. I hate that. Tough town.

working