jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Why earnings rates everywhere so grim?

1. paradigm search profile image80
    paradigm searchposted 20 months ago

I'd have thought with Memorial Weekend coming up, the advertisers would be advertising their little hearts out on all the holiday sales extravaganzas; thus higher CPM's, RPM's, and all that.

2. paradigm search profile image80
    paradigm searchposted 20 months ago

Well more data has flowed in, my sadness continues... big_smile

3. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 20 months ago

No one is going to be happy unless we receive substantially more positive news. All these updates are so taxing for all the greatest writers on here and it's unfortunate. Perhaps if they screen out more writers that produce subpar content then we'll look better in Google's eyes.

paradigm searchposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I'm pretty much blaming the low earnings rate on economics. For some reason the advertisers just don't seem as enthusiastic these days.

1. colorfulone profile image86
        colorfuloneposted 20 months ago in reply to this

" I approve this message."

4. Solaras profile image92
    Solarasposted 20 months ago

It's true, advertisers have a lot of different avenues to use. I have been concerned that this revenue stream will dry up; it is not unheard of for things to be hot and then later disappear.

paradigm searchposted 20 months ago in reply to this

When today's numbers floated in, I hotfooted it back over to straight AdSense. Unfortunately there's no magic going on over there either.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 20 months ago

Advertising is driven by aggregate demand.  In the current economy, we'll be seeing less and less of that, especially as you get away from the basics.

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 20 months ago in reply to this

This is a little cryptic to me - to which basics are you referring?

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I don't know about where you live right now, but where I live it's clear the economy is on the downswing, and people don't seem to be spending on extras so much and just stick to the basics.  That's aggregate demand.

6. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 20 months ago

I'm not worrying too much yet. Summertime is always bleak online. My earnings have been down since last September anyways.

working