jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Quo ra.com stole my hub and others

1. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 2 years ago

I found a copied article above mine in Serps. The site is an answer site which has part of article available and rest of article hidden. You have to sign in and give up privacy rights to get into site.The answer to the question is a duplicate of my hub. The rest of hub is the hidden part. Typing sentences into Google Search led me to this information. There must be an abundance of copied articles on this site.

I have shortened the name in the subject above. Is anyone familiar with this site?

1. Muttface profile image91
      Muttfaceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, heard of the site. Also read this a week back: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102373455 - How Quora Plans to Sidestep Google's Algorithm.

The BBC regularly use this site for some of their articles. I have used their questions and answers (via the BBC) to write an ESL lesson plan about being rich.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

What's even more disconcerting is that Quora is one of the sites that did well after Google's last algorithm update while here at HP we lost traffic.

1. Solaras profile image90
        Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Further evidence of what a pile of crap Google's algorithms are.

brakel2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You sure have that right. We are the best.

2. brakel2 profile image87

This is really maddening. I hate these hidden text sites, and I have others that I can't prove, as a lot of the text is hidden. Thanks for info.

3. Lady Lorelei profile image79
      Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I also found a whack of my articles plagiarized by hidden text sites. The pages fed into Amazon pages so I reported I think 3 of these sites to Amazon to deal with. If they lose their income then that should kill those pages. I was lucky in that the flip on one was slow moving so I was able to get both page urls as they flipped smile

Thanks for this info. It makes me so angry that this site copies stuff and is rated highly by Google. You were lucky they removed your stuff. I filed a report, stating it is above mine so hope I don't have to mess with it again. I need to put all my hubs in Google Alerts.

working