jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Stolen Content--- this one, I'm at an absolute loss on how to resolve.

1. TeriSilver profile image94
    TeriSilverposted 2 years ago

The content was stolen and placed on some kind of Wordpress.org blog that sells (fake?) shoes.  The blog is in a foreign language that I'm not familiar with .. Japanese or Chinese or the like, perhaps.  Wordpress.org does not have a direct contact page and lists that they don't deal with removal requests; contact the blog itself.  There is NO information to do that, or if there is, I certainly cannot read it.  The page with my stolen content (regarding Barbie doll clothes) is here:   http://help.onlinecrm.vn/wholesale-for- … shipping/.  I did click on the "Buy Now" (as I was in the midst of writing this) and found some contact info, but I'm not sure if my message went through as it seems to be a questionable site (firewall).  My guess is that if I get a response, it will be about "hey, we didn't write this."  So, Wordpress.org clears itself and I've no idea what to do.  I have a few copied articles but then, I've learned to pick and choose which to fight for.  I want this one back.  Sigh ....

1. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you can't find contact information for the IP hosting the site you can file a DMCA request with Google webmaster tools to get the page removed from Google search results. It's not quite as good as getting the plagiarist taken down but it does make it so no one will find their page via Google search.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The website is onlinecrm.vn, not wordpress.org, so make sure to do a whois lookup on the correct domain.  Wordpress is just providing the CMS. The language is Vietnamese; you could try running it through Google translate to get a rough translation.  Good luck with it.

3. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wordpress was just used for the site template.  Wordpress has nothing to do with that website and is not the host. 

The site is hosted by hcmccable-net in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, via longvan.net 

Send the normal DMCA notice that you would send to a hosting service (the host is not the plagiarist), only use this wording for the first paragraph and do not use the term 'DMCA':

"Pursuant to The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, the Universal Copyright Convention, and the WIPO Copyright Treaty, to which Vietnam is a signatory, this communication serves as a statement that:"

Put the words 'Copyright Infringement' in the subject line of your email.  Send the email to: tiennd@viettel.com.vn
      and to: support@longvan.net

Be sure to give the IP addresses of the website: 125.212.202.144 and 103.27.237.28

2. TeriSilver profile image94

I did contact Google, basically, they said it's an issue that the blogger has to deal with.  But they did say something about choosing "web search" in the list, so at least I'll try that again.  Wordpress should be held responsible to at least, have a contact and then contact their members.  I'm rather surprised this hasn't come up to the AG's office yet ..

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

see answers posted above

3. TeriSilver profile image94

Thank you for the help; I'll check it out.

working