jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Google AdSense - How much footage necessary?!

1. 0
    stevbonhageposted 17 months ago

Hi guys,

I joined HubPages almost three weeks back now & have been working hard on getting is started. After those three weeks my average daily traffic is between 50 - 100 (Somtimes over that) readers. Page klicks are even more. I also have 10 Hubs published & more is about to come, but Google AdSense is still rejecting me. Could anybody take a look at my profile & let me know if there is anything obvious I am missing or any advice?!

Cheers in advance,

1. Maina Ndungu profile image86
      Maina Ndunguposted 17 months ago in reply to this

You must have at least 20 high quality hubs to get approved for adsense. If you come from certain countries, like mine, you must also have at least one article that was published some months ago(not sure how many). Traffic does not matter at all.

2. DrMark1961 profile image94
    DrMark1961posted 17 months ago

I have also read that some accounts must be at least 6 months old before being approved. You might look into opening a blogger account and applying through there since it is a Google company, but in the meantime you are not losing much money with the traffic you are getting.
    As far as traffic goes, you should look at some succesful accounts and see how they write summaries. Search engines use the kewords in the summaries to place your pages when questions are answered, so if your summaries are only a word or two long they are not going to appear on many pages.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I've heard that even in the US, your account needs to be at least 30 days old and at least 20 hubs.

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I agree, your summaries are far too short to attract traffic.  You should use that space to put in sentences which describe what your article is about, just as if you were searching for the same information on google.

3. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 17 months ago

I'm from the US and it took me between 20-25 hubs to get approved, but I know it's different for international locations. I forget the reasons why it's usually up to 6 months, but I think it has to do with spamming, spun content, and to prove legitimacy on Hubpages.

4. 0

Hi guys,

cheers for the fast reply & good help. Will definetly work on my summaries! Just started out & am still learning about the hole traffic thing ^^ Guess I keep on working then smile

pz, love and harmony

5. 0

Actually changed it right away if somebody feels for having a look again^^ Hope this is better...?!