jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Specific tips for Dance Instructors on HubPages?

1. blong206b profile image61
    blong206bposted 7 years ago

Just signed up 3 minutes ago.

I've noticed that humans are up to 2 1/2 times smarter than the frequently asked questions section.

Any advice for a Ballroom dance instructor to get the most out of HubPages?

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Discuss the many dances that you teach and the moves. Provide videos if you can from www.youtube.com giving instruction or if you have any of your own. Interract and have fun.smile

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right...

1. AEvans profile image73
        AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is one of my favorite movies!!! You should finish the song...::::::::big_smile

1. my-success-guru profile image61
          my-success-guruposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah to get the most out of Hub pages Do a Hub related to Dancing With The Stars! Since it's very popular there's a good chance more people will comment on it!

2. my-success-guru profile image61
    my-success-guruposted 7 years ago

That sounds like good advice!

3. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 7 years ago

Best advice to you would be:

Meet Lissie and Marisa Wright! They can surely back-lead you with grace. smile

Best of luck!

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the plug, ProCW!

Welcome blong206b (that's a terrible name, by the way - as you've only written one Hub, I would really recommend you start again, and choose a proper user name this time (unfortunately you can't change it, you'll have to open a new account and ask HP to delete your old one).

You'll do much better to choose a user name that reflects what you do.  For instance, I have a website called Bellydanceoz.com, so on some forums my username is Bellydanceoz. You might also consider using your real name - if people come to your classes because of what they've read on the web, they'll like the idea that they can meet the author. 

Read Lissie's ballroom dancing Hubs before you do too much, for two reasons - one, you don't want to repeat what someone else has already done and two, they might give you ideas for what you could do.

You wouldn't think ballroom dancing was a big money-spinning subject, but the good thing is that although the audience is small, they're keen - so who knows, you may do well. 

Have a think about what ballroom dancers want to know - maybe a Hub about how to choose shoes, or about keeping your frame?  Once you've written a few, you can start joining ballroom dance forums around the net and when people ask for advice, refer them to your Hubs.

5. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

I NEVER backlead  except when the man is absolutely clueless :-) I agree with Marisa-  change your name which sounds like a human not a robot. Link to the videos using the video capsule so that you can watch the video right on the hub instead of having to click thru to youtube.

Good luck with making any money with dancing - its beyond me - unless you what to persue the reality TV route- and there is a fair bit of competition there!