jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Feedback on improving and increasing traffic to this hub?

1. kbdressman profile image87
    kbdressmanposted 17 months ago

Okay guys, my latest hubs are getting the best scores I've ever gotten.  This one fluctuates between an 88 and a 92, but is getting very little traffic.  A)  How do I get it to an even higher score B) How do I get traffic, and preferably interested traffic, to it?  http://kbdressman.hubpages.com/hub/Shou … in-Schools

1. AndrewHil93 profile image39
      AndrewHil93posted 17 months ago in reply to this

Facebook & Twitter

2. Engelta profile image82
      Engeltaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

You can use social media! Post it anywhere you can. In no time it will get valuable traffic.

1. kbdressman profile image87
        kbdressmanposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I've shared them both on Facebook and twitter, but the traffic dies after a few days.  Where do you post yours that is so valuable?

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 17 months ago

Social sharing will only result in a short term boost in traffic while your post is actually being shared.

For long term traffic you need search engine traffic and that means using keywords that people are actually looking for. Your title "religion in the classroom" is estimated to get 70 searches a month on google keyword planner. So even if you got every search looking at your hub that would be only two visitors a day.

For a hub to be successful people have to be looking for it and searching for the keywords that you have used within your hub and its title. If no one is looking for it then you will not get visitors it is as simple as that. So you need to go away and see if there are keywords related to your subject that people actually use and ensure that you incorporate them within the body of your hub as well as the title and subtitles. Of course if only a few people are searching for your title and related keywords then you will never get a lot of traffic.

Just because you are passionately interested in a subject it does not mean that anyone else will be and that anyone else will be searching for information about it.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 17 months ago in reply to this