jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

lengh text for a hubs?

1. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 7 years ago

i want ask about maximum text for a hubpages. which is the better a hubs with 6,000 words or ten hubpages with 600 words. thanks for your attention.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Most people say that on the internet, most people won't read an article longer than 1,500 words.  So I'd say, regard that as your ceiling - in other words, make it 5 HubPages of 1,200 words!

2. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 7 years ago

thank you marisa

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'll second that. over 1500 words and I am gone.

3. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

1200-1500 max is what I go by, but the other thing you have to watch for is not enough words.  For HP scoring, not readability, a hub should be a minimum of 500 words.

4. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

Too long and I am gone, I find long posts have a habit of repeating themselves anyway. I agree with the 1200-1500, seems exactly the right length.

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I'd have to agree with everyone else, try to keep it under 1,500. You can do more, and I know that I have, but you'll have to be careful of the design of the page, so that you don't have a HUGE block of text and nothing to break it up with.

6. BristolBoy profile image81
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

I have hubs of varying lengths.  The format employed has a result on how long is too long.  One paragraph of solid text can be daunting before 1000 words in most cases.  However, I have some hubs that have over 2000 words, but because of the way they are broken down into distinct sections along with pictures, videos etc I hope it seems better.  I certainly don't find it too bad when I encounter other hubs like this, even if they are 2000+ words, as long as it is broken up into distinct sections.  One example of this are my hubs on the top 10 cheapest/top 10 most expensive cities.  Although there are over 2000 words, because of the way the hub has been split up this means there are only in effect 200 words per section, and each section is accompanied by a picture.

7. JoeM profile image59
    JoeMposted 7 years ago

I think it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the hub.  Readers generally want information very quickly, but if you are writing for search engines then the more content that you throw up on the page the greater the chance you have of getting a term that will send you traffic to the hub via search engines.

If you are going to write that massive post you should definitely break it up with videos and images and make sure that it is downright interesting if you want people to actually read it.