jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Duplicate Entries

1. profile image60
    Edward Lucasposted 2 years ago

Hi Everyone. I am new to HubPages and just published my 1st hub. Well, sort of. My problem is simple. I am a professional writer for several clients in the U.S. and I want to re-publish my articles here. Yes, I DO have legal claim to them but the problem is that when I try to publish on here it is deemed to be a "duplicate" but it is not! I AM the original author and I can prove it easily enough. What can I do to solve this problem? I have hundreds of articles to publish here but each one does already exist somewhere else. Surely there must be a way to do this since I am the original author.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If a site has copied your original copyrighted content without your permission, then you may want to issue a DMCA notice to have it removed.

You can find information related to issuing such a notice here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

1. profile image60
        Edward Lucasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hey Matthew, thanks for the quick response. Actually, I am the one that posted all of my articles on various websites under another name. I am a ghost writer and I have written hundreds of blogs and articles for clients in the U.S. They don't mind if I publish them under my own name on here but of course it is being considered as duplicate material here on HubPages. I am the author however.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
          Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Duplicate content is prohibited in the HubPages terms of service to which you agreed when you created your account.
          You can publish content on other sites or HubPages but not both at the same time.

1. profile image60
            Edward Lucasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, there goes my idea I guess. It seems strange that I can not publish that which I have written myself on here but I guess that's the rules. Thanks Matthew for your help.

1. SmartAndFun profile image92
              SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The problem isn't that you own it or don't own it (I realize you do own it). The problem is that all content on HubPages must be unique and found nowhere else on the internet. This is in the TOS that you agreed to when joining HP. It hurts the site's Google rankings when Google finds that the same material appears in more than one place on the web. Google doesn't like it. Google says "big no-no," and unfortunately we must (try to) do as they say.

Then there's the fact that you will be competing with yourself, or your clients -- it's really a waste of time to post the same article in multiple places. Google will hone in on one of them and ignore the rest, or even penalize the rest. They tend to favor the original, but it doesn't always end up that way. Your clients could get really angry with you if they see that you're stealing their traffic with the very articles you wrote for them.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Although you cannot post the exact same article, you can alter it so that it has the same information but presented in a different way.   This may not be easy to do, but it is the only way you will be able to use your other articles here.

working