jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Combining hubs into one collective hub

1. peoplepower73 profile image87
    peoplepower73posted 20 months ago

Has anybody had several hubs that cover different facets of the same topic and combined them into one big hub?  I have several hubs that cover different aspects of turmoil and conflicts in the middle east and I would like to combine them into one big hub that covers all the different aspects from beginning to where we are currently.  It would be much like a book with chapters.  Having separate hubs, causes readers to read information out of context, especially when it deals with complex cause and effect issues.

1. lions44 profile image93
      lions44posted 20 months ago in reply to this

I would caution against it. Hubs that are over a certain size might not get the readership you desire.  Although gettting information out of context can be a hazard, I would opt more for the "Part 1, Part 2..." format over book-sized hubs.  Your hubs are complex but easy to understand.  You convey the information in a very readable fashion. I think a max range for quality hubs is between 5000 and 6000 words.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hi peoplepower,

Here's a recent HubPages Newsletter that offers advice on when (and how) to split up a Hub vs. when to create one long Hub. Hopefully it will be of some help!

1. peoplepower73 profile image87
        peoplepower73posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Christie for posting the Newsletter.

working