jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (40 posts)

Apology to my followers

1. Nancy Hardin profile image60
    Nancy Hardinposted 21 months ago

Dear Followers,
    This is a sincere apology to you today. At the present time, I am no longer writing for HubPages and have removed all my articles to my own domains, Mystery in the History and All Things Of Life and Nancy Writes Everything. I'm sorry, as I know you followed me in good faith that I would be here, but the time has come when I've realized HubPages is no longer  feasible for me. I wish all of you the best of luck and hope to come across you and your writing another time. Best wishes to all of you.

1. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I'm sorry to see you go. I hope you find a way to reach us in your new endeavors. I wish you the best of luck. Can you give us the URLS to you new sites? If that's not allowed, please email your followers individually.

Nancy Hardinposted 21 months ago in reply to this

bravewarrior, I came back and put my links on my profile, so maybe they can be accessed there. Thanks for caring and wishing you the very best!

Nancy, your profile is empty.

bravewarrior, I think HP doesn't allow them there, but I'll try again.

2. SheilaMilne profile image89
            SheilaMilneposted 21 months ago in reply to this

The links are in the top right corner, under "Also follow me on:"

Gotcha. Thank you, Sheila!

2. bravewarrior profile image94

Oops! I got an error message that the page isn't available.

bravewarrior, I just went to the page. Perhaps you could try again?

Still getting the same error message. Perhaps I need to restart my computer and try again.

1. SheilaMilne profile image89

No, I think Nancy entered several websites for the website button.  The Google+ link works OK.

3. Nancy Hardin profile image60

Thanks SheilaMilne! That's true, and I forgot about those buttons!

I think you've entered your website address as "mysteryinthehistory.com or http//allthingsoflife.com or http://nancywriteseverything. blogspot  blog" which comes up with an error.  I believe it's supposed to be a direct link so it will have to be one or  another.

Nancy Hardinposted 20 months ago in reply to this

SheilaMilne, so if I'm only allowed one, which one should I choose? How do you choose between your children? All three of those sites are mine.

SheilaMilneposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Perhaps you could rotate them?

3. Jean Bakula profile image94
            Jean Bakulaposted 20 months ago in reply to this

HP won't let you put the actual links in your profile. The correct spellings will be there, but it won't be highlighted and nobody will be able to click on it. But as long as the info is there, people can find you. Best of luck in your new endeavors.

Thanks Jean Bakula! I appreciate the good wishes!

2. Lady Lorelei profile image77
      Lady Loreleiposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I wish you success in your new ventures and I am sure that you will be very happy having control over your creative endeavors. I have enjoyed your work and look forward to reading more at your new sites. The very best of wishes.

Lady Lorelei, my friend, thank you! Wishing you success in all you do, but with your work ethic, there's no doubt about it!! :-D

3. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I think there's no need to apologize for moving content when a platform is no longer working out for you.

Best wishes!

Thanks Kylyssa! My best to you too!

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 21 months ago

I notice that you still retain your account here Nancy. Perhaps it would be an idea to write a couple of hubs here which highlight the parallel endeavours and allow a less self promotional link to be useful for hub readers and followers.  big_smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Sorry to see you go, but I understand completely.  HP has been having a difficult time this year, and producing content has been frustrating, especially for those who earn some or all of their incomes from it.  Best of luck in your new endeavors.

3. Nancy Hardin profile image60

Thank you TimeTraveler2, appreciate the good wishes.

4. Nancy Hardin profile image60

bravewarrior, thank you so much for the best wishes. If you are on FB, you can reach me at Nancy Carol Brown Hardin and I'll be happy to share my new domains. It's a new experience for me and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. If you search for Mystery in the History  and All Things Of Life (allwritttentogetherlikethis) and put a .com on it, you will find my two main domains. Thanks so much for caring.

5. Nancy Hardin profile image60

Pearldiver, I retain my account for now, mainly to be able to support my friends, and to reach those people here who cared enough to follow my writing. I really need to make more money than what I can make here at HP, and it's just time to move on. If you wish, you can find me at either of my domains, writtenalltogetherlikethis, with a .com on the end. Mystery in the History and All Things Of Life. Thanks for your suggestion. All the best to you.

6. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 21 months ago

Definitely sad to see you go! But I understand the reasoning that you are using to move on in life. I wish the best of luck to you on your future endeavors!

Thanks mikeydcarroll67, best wishes to you!

7. Casey van B profile image78
    Casey van Bposted 21 months ago

No matter where you write, I'll come read. Best of success, dear friend.

Casey, my pal, thank you so much. It warms the "cockles of this old heart" to read that!

8. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image72
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 21 months ago

No issue, its your personal decision.  We need to change according to the situation. So nothing wrong. Your apology shows your decency. Congrats!

Well thanks sunilkunnoth2012, that's a nice thought! (grin) Life moves on, and sometimes so do we.

9. MariaMontgomery profile image86
    MariaMontgomeryposted 20 months ago

No need to apologize, Nancy. We all understand, and most of us have similar feelings. I will still hope to see you on FB and on our blogs.

MariaMontgomery, that's for sure my friend!

10. lisavanvorst profile image78
    lisavanvorstposted 20 months ago

You will be missed. I anticipate many of us will be leaving this site because of lack of payout and all the changes (not for the good) the site has made.

Thank you lisavanvorst, it's just time to move on again. I need to make money from my writing and this isn't the place to do that.

11. Charito1962 profile image85
    Charito1962posted 20 months ago

I'm going to miss you, Ms. Nancy! I sure had fun reading your works since our Squidoo days. All the best in your new endeavours.

Charito1962, you've been a dear friend and follower! I hope our paths cross again soon.

working