jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Comments on other hubs not showing up

1. sciencewithme profile image61
    sciencewithmeposted 7 years ago

When I first started my hub I did some comments on other hubs from other authors.
    It is fun to read other stuff and get recipes, hear funny stories, etc. and participate in the conversation.
    These first comments appeared instantly. Now when I comment they say they are unapproved. Not all are getting approved and I am a little discouraged since I feel like I am not getting to participate.
    What am I doing wrong?

1. JamaGenee profile image87
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

*You* aren't doing anything "wrong"!  The author of the hub has chosen to not let a comment appear until he/she has approved it.  If yours aren't getting approved, it's probably because the author has logged off and hasn't seen it yet.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The comment capsule has some variables depending on what the Hub author prefers.  Comments can be automatically shown, or they can be set so that they need approval from the Hub owner first. 

If a comment needs approval when it's first submitted, that's nothing special, it's just the preference of that Hub author.  But if your comments are being declined, you're going to have to think about what you are saying.

2. sciencewithme profile image61

Something has to be wrong though. I went back to a few of the pages to follow the conversation and my comment is not there. But comments that were posted after mine are on the page.

I know my comment was submitted, I got the working symbol then the message saying thanks for participating.

1. BristolBoy profile image81
      BristolBoyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As harsh as this may sound maybe the people may not like your comments or feel they don't add anything?  The writers of the hub are completely within their rights to unapprove your comments if this is the case.  Also for the record, your last message posted on this hub has been posted.

3. sciencewithme profile image61

I did a test comment on a page of a friend who also does hubs. I know for certain her pages are not set to moderate comments and my comment still did not show up on hub. In my hubtivity it says I have a unapproved comment. I will have to ask her how it shows up on her end, but I do know she does not moderate comments.
    Is anyone else experiencing this?