jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Real Estate Purchase Score - A Score for the Ho

1. Steve Manion profile image60
    Steve Manionposted 24 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Real Estate Purchase Score - A Score for the Home Buyer (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 24 months ago in reply to this

You got the answer in the first forum post you made a couple weeks ago.

HubPages is not designed to advertise off-site services via articles.  If you post an article with the title "Real Estate Purchase Score," readers expect to learn what the score is and how it's calculated in the article.  Your article just talks around it in a way that isn't  helpful.  You're better off posting this article on your realestateadvisor website instead, since that's the only place you can get the score.

Steve Manionposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Would Fair-Isaacs disclose their formula? What about all the other credit scoring systems? They never divulge that kind of information.

To say Real Estate Purchase Score is like saying Credit Score. It is entirely a generic reference. The article has no links, and is not advertising the sale of anything, and the reader would not have any idea where to go to get a score, because the phrase 'real estate purchase score' is the most generic way to express it.

1. profile image0
          calculus-geometryposted 24 months ago in reply to this

There are many articles on the web that give useful information about credit scores without explaining the precise patent-protected formula. They tell you the kinds of things that go into your credit score and how your score is affected by certain actions.  They tell you what you can do to improve your credit score and things to avoid that might lower your score.

Your article does not do the equivalent for real estate purchase scores.  I read it through and did not come away with a better understanding of your patented scoring system. All I learned is that some guy named Steve Manion thinks it's really important, because he's the inventor of it.

I don't understand why you're trying to post this article here when you already have a legitimate business website.  Can't you create a section on your website for articles of this nature?

Steve Manionposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Exposure.

I'll think about how to get more specific. I will elaborate on this:

"buyers lack awareness of the macro economic indicators and their potential implications at the time of a proposed real estate purchase, along with their interrelationship with the buyer's financial data, the transactional data, the subject property data, and other key exogenous matters directly related to a proposed purchase"

Because this is what the scoring system analyzes. Considering few if any buyers are afforded this risk analysis tool, and the millions of people buying like crazy right before the market crashed, they can use a little help smile

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
              Millionaire Tipsposted 24 months ago in reply to this

HubPages is not the right place to get that kind of exposure.

2. sockii profile image86
          sockiiposted 24 months ago in reply to this

It still reads like a sales pitch or ad copy, with or without a link anywhere. And that's not the kind of content that HP wants.

2. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 24 months ago in reply to this

The answer is the same that was given to you two weeks ago when you made the same forum post:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130711#post2735897

2. Steve Manion profile image60
    Steve Manionposted 23 months ago

Thanks for everyone's input. I took the time to go into much greater detail, drawing out a comparison between FNMA Direct Underwriter and the scoring system as a means to help the reader get an idea about the interrelationship between data entered in the scoring system and the output. This gives the reader more to consider, and provided a springboard for a more detailed overview of the real estate purchase and scoring system. The article has now been successfully published. Thanks again!

working