jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

My Three Day Weekend!

1. Eldritch Elegy profile image61
    Eldritch Elegyposted 7 years ago

Big, big news (at least in my opinion).

My hip is injured.

My baby is due... oh, tomorrow.

The doctor I was forced to find on short notice was DEAD SET against a c-section because he didn't think my hip injury was a valid reason... except it is, and he was just afraid my insurance wouldn't cover it and his money-grubbing ass would not get paid.

So I started looking for another opinion. I found a doctor's office that sounded very interested in my case and wanted to talk to me. Knowing my time was very limited, they set me up an appointment and told me to get a referral.

Yesterday I tried to put in a referral, and my PCM let me sit and wait until noon when I showed up at eight, thereby ruining my chances of getting to my appointment on time.

Then they put the referral in to the wrong doctor, one which does not even accept my insurance, and I got to straighten THAT out.

This morning, I got a call around eight (woke me up, I'm lazy these days) saying the referral was good, appointment was at noon.

I get out of bed, and I realize:

I'm having contractions.

Great, I thought. So close, but yet so far. Almost had it.

I called to cancel my appointment, assuming I had no choice but to return to Dr. Dumbass and the Hospital of Certain Doom.

The receptionist asked if I could be there in thirty minutes.

I went.

I was seen.

A c-section was scheduled for five a.m. tomorrow.

... that easy.

All the stress, all the anger, the frustration, the misery that could have been avoided if I'd found this guy earlier... but I'm so glad I did find him.

Anyway, since some people expressed concern about my situation, I just thought I'd glow about it here and let you all know that I won't be here for a while after the surgery, and to ask your forgiveness in advance if future Hubs are riddled with baby pictures and fluff.

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Good luck with the delivery!

Or as the case may be, it's already happened.

So a best wishes for a healthy baby and a swift recovery.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Obviously, one way or another, you're busy with a new baby.

Congratulations!  Hope mother and baby are doing fine. Looking forward to your return to HP!

3. Rochelle Frank profile image87
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

Wishing everyone the best. We will be thinking about you.