jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Traffic Sliding Rapidly Downhill

1. Snakesmum profile image90
    Snakesmumposted 16 months ago

Having just checked my account, I discovered that three of my hubs had been un-featured for lack of traffic.

Perhaps they aren't the best topics to receive a lot of visitors, but I did work on them, and tried to make them interesting, and visually appealing.

I guess I'll just have to see what happens with them over the next few days, as I've edited them, and they are now pending.     Some days, it's a little discouraging being here, but I won't give up just yet!

1. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Good for you, Snakesmum. It's part of the process. Don't let it take away your joy.

2. Barack James profile image87
    Barack Jamesposted 16 months ago

Four of mine were unfeatured last week. Havent done something on them yet because I did my best and I dont see what to add. Maybe I'll just delete them......

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 16 months ago

Snakesmum, I notice that you have a significant amount of Hubs which offer light content on a topic and are meant to sell retail products.  This type of Hub is now frowned-upon on this site, and that may have something to do with your dropping traffic.

1. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 16 months ago

I'd suggest increasing the length and depth of your articles that are suffering from a lack of views.

It may even be a good idea to remove the hubs that are really suffering a drought from HubPages and start fresh with a new hub containing the same content re-written and expanded. I'll let you know how well that goes after I do it for a few of my older hubs that used to be lenses. That may be a while because it's fairly low on my priority list but I've already deleted a number of them to give them time to de-index.

I'd flat out move the product-oriented lenses elsewhere. Maybe Whyrll would be a good place for them if you have your own Amazon affiliate ID?

2. Virginia Allain profile image66
      Virginia Allainposted 16 months ago

Hang in there! I have several hundred unfeatured right now. Seems like an uphill struggle, for sure.

I've moved some to other sites that are too commercial. Others, I've suppressed the Amazon capsules and added more text. I have about a 20% success rate in getting those re-featured. 

Good luck with it.

3. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 16 months ago

If it is any inspiration to work on your hubs, I am seeing them return in pageviews to pre-April numbers.  Hopefully your views will go up too, with a little addition of content.

If you have sales hubs - see Wrylit's article on how to sell on Amazon.  I think she wants to update it, but it gives you ideas on how to expand your content with valuable information for the reader. 

My best advise for a quick (one day of effort fix for each article) is to go through the Amazon user reviews and give the pros and cons of each item as the users have described them.  You save the reader time in going through all of the reviews and distill other buyers' experience with each item concisely.

Best of luck on HP!

4. Snakesmum profile image90
      Snakesmumposted 16 months ago

Thanks everyone, for your comments.   I haven't been in to check the hubs today, but hoping for a good outcome to the editing.     
      Recently, I just don't seem to have the inclination to write new hubs  - it just doesn't seem worth it.

Seriously thinking of moving some of the content to another site, but haven't decided where yet.   Maybe I'll just remove the Amazon products, although the amount does meet HP's requirements.   

Decisions, decisions.........

1. ologsinquito profile image94
        ologsinquitoposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hi Snakesmum, I'm not sure I'd want to move anything to another revenue-share site, because you may not see better results.

Have you thought about having your own niche site?

1. Snakesmum profile image90
          Snakesmumposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hi Ologsinquite,   Yes, I have a niche site, but most of my writings on HB wouldn't fit in there.    I'm going to stick with HP and try to improve the quality of my hubs - seems to be the best way to go at the moment.   

Today, for some reason, my traffic was up, and the only thing I can think of, is that I posted a link on Twitter yesterday.   Perhaps I'd better try it again, and see if it was a one off result, or if Twitter is the way to go.     Many people seem to get results from social media.

Thanks for responding.

5. tony55 profile image81
      tony55posted 16 months ago

Featured hubs that later become un-featured are usually due to low traffic over an extended period or outdated content. Proper editing, images and new content might get them featured again.