jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Hub Approval Process Seemingly too Fast

1. Molly Layton profile image91
    Molly Laytonposted 19 months ago

When I uploaded my newest Hub today, I got the regular "Pending Hub" message, stating that my hub may not be featured for up to 24 hours. About an hour later, it was approved. It might just be my experience, but it feels like that's too fast. Other hubs have taken over 12 hours to be approved. It confuses me when my Hubs are approved quickly.

Do you have any ideas as to why some hubs get approved quickly, while others don't?

1. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Some days if there aren't many hubs and lots of McTurks, processes move quickly. It is a gift from God or the Angels or Someone. If a hub is good, a reviewer can scan it more quickly.

2. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Not very many new Hubs are being published.  In the last 24 hours, only 44 Hubs have been published (15 of those by the same Hubber and those Hubs consist of very short poems). 

This time last year, about 140 new Hubs were published a day.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 19 months ago in reply to this

WF:

You constantly amaze me with the information you come up with.  Where in the world do you find figures like these?  I must say those numbers shocked me a bit...that's not many hubs for tens of thousands of authors who write here.

I have told the team consistently that they need to stop frustrating their writers or things like this could happen.  I wish they would listen!

1. Writer Fox profile image80
          Writer Foxposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Here's a link about a contest held about a year ago with information about how many new Hubs (featured) were published every week: http://blog.hubpages.com/author/robinedmondson/

To see how many new Hubs are now being published, go here: http://hubpages.com/hubs/latest/

2. Molly Layton profile image91
        Molly Laytonposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Yeah, where did those numbers come from? It would be great to see the rest of that data.

2. Venkatachari M profile image87
    Venkatachari Mposted 19 months ago

I also experience my hubs being approved within one to two hours time since 2, 3 months. But, even though, you get them approved promptly, they do not appear on your profile page. It will take upto 24 hours to see them on your profile.
    Approving is different from featuring.
    When you publish, it can appear on Hubpages timeline. And approval can be done immediately. Featuring it on your profile page and at other places consumes upto 24 hours or atleast more than 12 hours.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago

The hubs are put on a list for the reviewers to see.  When there are a lot of reviewers online, or there aren't many hubs published at a particular time, your hub can be at the top of the list pretty fast, so it can  get reviewed faster.

Okay. Thank you for replying.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 19 months ago

There's a switch - usually people complain about things being too slow around here big_smile

I wouldn't worry too about it. Accept your Hub's swift approval as a gift from a gracious nowhere.

Hahahahahaha. It's good to be different, sometimes.

I shall.

working