jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Saggy skin ads??

1. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 23 months ago

I am so tired of seeing the ad for saggy skin on HP.  Am I the only one that thinks those ads are disgusting?

1. moonlake profile image87
      moonlakeposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Me too.

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
      Faith Reaperposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Oh, yes, me too.  They seem to be everywhere!  I just saw an ad on one of my recipe/flash fiction hubs that turned my stomach and is not appropriate to be on that hub due to turning one's stomach ...being it was about yeast in the stomach and showing a big fat belly fat!  Makes one not even want to read the hub!  But I guess they paid for the ad ... I thought in the past the ads would match the topic of the hubs better, but I guess that is out the window with just making money.

3. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I see them too and it's not because I Google how to combat saggy skin. I feel like HP has a hidden camera and is telling me to tighten up!

2. Beaddoodler profile image81
    Beaddoodlerposted 23 months ago

Ads are posted according to key words in the article and sometimes they just choose weird seeiming words for the matches. In this one they may have chosen the word stomach.

mary615posted 23 months ago in reply to this

I just can't agree with you, Beaddooler.  This ad just pops up on many Hubs; no matter the subject !  I've seen it on recipes.

3. sosown profile image80
    sosownposted 23 months ago

I don't like them, either.  Or, the belly fat ads.

4. paradigm search profile image58
    paradigm searchposted 23 months ago

I strongly suspect the more crass the ad, the higher the CPM. When they come up with a toenail fungus foot standing on a saggy stomach covered in vomit, we can all retire.

mary615posted 23 months ago in reply to this

+1

1. paradigm search profile image58
        paradigm searchposted 23 months ago in reply to this

"Revolting" would have been a better word than "crass'.  I guess I should have gotten Grammarly, oh well.

5. littlething profile image84
    littlethingposted 23 months ago

I keep getting ads about "What Ellen is hiding!" and "You won't believe her transformation!" Still better than the ads about the clogged arteries though.....

working