jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 16 months ago

Sorry, I realize this has been asked before, and possibly even by me; however my brains are slowing down, and I cannot remember the answer, nor can I find the previous discussion.

The question, then, is this:  When you have made an Amazon sale, how do you figure out which hub inspired the purchase?  Especially, since the item purchased sounds nothing at all like anything that would have been in any of my Amazon capsules for any reason!

Thanks for any clues.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Someone following a link from your Hub to Amazon can buy anything on Amazon and you will get a commission for the sale.  Amazon tracks users of its site and shows them products they have looked at  last time they visited.  This encourages the viewer to buy something he looked at previously on Amazon.

2. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 16 months ago in reply to this

The Amazon report area in My Account only shows whether the items were a direct Amazon purchase or through a third party. It would be nice to know which hubs sparked the sale. The eBay report does.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 16 months ago

You don't if you are using HP Amazon Program.  They don't provide that information.   Since it is a separate entity, your personal account is of no help because it is not connected in any way to HP program.

Even with your own Amazon account, there is no way to know which hub, which page on your own site brought in a sale, unless you create a tracker id for each hub, and each page, but the limit is 100 tracker ID's.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 16 months ago

Oh, I see.  So they may have clicked on one of my capsules, then got distracted, and bought something else, and I still get the credit?  Cool.

I would have thought it was a direct-sale-link only, and if they bought something else, it wouldn't count.

Thanks for clearing that up, folks!

4. Beaddoodler profile image82
    Beaddoodlerposted 16 months ago

If you have the same Amazon item on more than one hub there's no way to know where the sale originated.  When a person clicks on your ad but doesn't buy that product but continues surfing through Amazon and buys something else, there is also no way to track it's origin.  It's confusing and frustrating, but it's the fact.