jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Getting known for my Hubs

1. Taylor Peca profile image83
    Taylor Pecaposted 16 months ago

As my peers, I would like to know how, other than social media and physically telling people to read, how I get myself "out there" in a more professional, higher scale.  Any suggestions?

1. Lovely  C profile image69
      Lovely Cposted 16 months ago in reply to this

hi Taylor...I wish I could be of help..but I also use my social media accounts to promote my hubs..and also if you have a personal website,,you can promote your link there..

but to get views for your hubs,,interacting with fellow hubbers,hopping on other hubs, it is a good way to get noticed here first on HubPages..

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 16 months ago in reply to this

If you really want to get known you have to find a popular niche that is not over saturated that you know a lot about and write only on that subject.  You will need around 100 articles, so you must choose a topic that gives you the possibility of writing about it from different angles.

I have done that myself and although I don't get tons of views, I do now have a reputation for being an "RV Guru".  Since I have 50 plus years of experience with RV living and travel, I have endless topics I can explore.  Some, of course, are more popular than others.

The problem is that my audience is limited.  I would have done better to write about fitness, technology or crafts, but I don't know enough to do that.  People who do make far more than I do and, if this is their niche, they become known for it.

Quality, of course, is always the key.  If you write junk or try to write about topics you really don't know much about, you won't be successful.

Good luck and I hope this helps you.

3. Dressage Husband profile image80
      Dressage Husbandposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Quality articles on topics you are excited about will generate their own traffic. This is not an overnight thing and you need patience and perseverance. At least 50 articles before you will see any real return. After that the more the merrier. By which I mean if you have 100 Hubs of quality then your income will be more than double what it was when you had 50. etc.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 16 months ago

I found that writing a large number of quality hubs get better traffic than promoting my hubs.  It is also easier and less frustrating.  Simply keep writing more hubs that interest people and they will make a path to your door.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 16 months ago in reply to this

This. Just this.

2. laksi profile image66
      laksiposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Millionaire tips I like your advice. I've just joined and am too wanting to reach a wider audience, so yeah I like that - perseverance! smile

3. JNQuinones profile image59
    JNQuinonesposted 16 months ago

I use my Facebook and Twitter accounts to try and get my Hubs out there. Right now I'm writing about Literature, Gaming, and Pet Care but I might try to expand my brand elsewhere. I'm still new to the whole Hub game so I'm just trying to get my name out there and build a following. I assume it's a lot like Youtube, where the more subscribers you have the better your chances are of earning more money. So, I'd focus on not only social media and any followers you might already have on different websites.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image89
      Chriswillman90posted 16 months ago in reply to this

Well just like YouTube you need your followers or "subscribers" to actually read your work otherwise it doesn't mean anything. If you have a loyal audience that tunes in to what you write, then that's fantastic but it's not an easy feat for either medium (YouTube or Hubpages). I'm sure social media helps, but I agree that continuing to write quality hubs on here is what's most beneficial. If you know how to work that SEO, then your traffic will surely be even better if not way better than most.

4. clivewilliams profile image80
    clivewilliamsposted 16 months ago

paid advertisment