jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is there any way of speeding up the hub processing time?

1. AndrewHil93 profile image38
    AndrewHil93posted 16 months ago

I've published a hub, or rather waiting for a hub to be published and it's rather important it is published today, before midnight. Likelihood is, it will be.

I have a reader base which is anticipating a controversial hub I've written, promised to them for today and I'm starting to think it won't be published in time, having submitted it 12 hours ago now and with my hubstats not refreshing in two days too...

I was wondering if there's any way to speed up the process? smile

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Much like in offline life, the best way to guarantee you get something done before a deadline when you are dependent upon the action's of someone else, and where you must simply wait for them to do their job, is to not leave things until the last minute.

Given that the review queue fluctuates with submissions, and we don't actually know how many reviewers work (or when), if you are going to not put Hubs in for review until right before you want them to be published, you will have to accept that there is a chance your Hub will not get reviewed and approved by your self-imposed deadline, or it might get reviewed and rejected.

HubPages is not geared towards timed posts, like blogs can be, so everyone who has tried to operate that way here in the past found it unsatisfactory for their needs.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image75
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 16 months ago

It depends. Sometimes we get our hub featured soon and sometimes it take upto 24 hours.  My latest hub which I published last day got featured within 6 hours.  I don't know whether there is any mechanism with a hard and fast rule.

3. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 16 months ago

What's so important about it getting featured before midnight when you can share it with the people waiting to read it with a link right now?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 16 months ago in reply to this

You can't share unpublished Hubs.  This is a brand-new Hub he's talking about.

2. AndrewHil93 profile image38
      AndrewHil93posted 16 months ago in reply to this

You can't read unpublished hubs, only the author can unfortunately.

Also, it is important because I promised my readers it will be available to day, in line with a news story printed in a British tabloid. It will be about the differing opinions of men and women in child custody battles.

A lady has fled with her son after the judge ruled he should live with his father full time. the majority of the female opinions were saying it is the correct action to take, a woman kidnapping a child.

It is potentially a very controversial topic. But it is important it is published today. I personally believe kidnapping a child is wrong but... trust me, wait for the hub. You'll see what I mean. I just hope my readers have a more rational mindset, in the sense that they understand kidnapping is wrong.